Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Would klingons liberate borg?
07-11-2011, 04:52 AM
i watched birthright again the other day (tng; season 6 epps 16 and 17) and it showed klingons who would rather die than be freed, who chose to stay prisoners because the dishonor of returning would affect their families for 3 generations.

so surely the honorable way to liberate a klingon is with a bat'leth to the throat.

because of this i think the klinogn liberated race should be gorn, as a subdued race i dont think they care too much about their conquors sence of honor and a giant zombie lizard man robot appeals to me for some reason.

(note; i dont expect anything to acctualy change, just putting it out there that i dont think klingons would want to live after being captured)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-11-2011, 05:48 AM
There's always a way to regain your honor... a battle fought in your name after you died without honor (to even be admitted into stovokor), or fighting a great battle yourself probably against your former captor.
Not sure about details, not a Klingon expert here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-11-2011, 06:11 AM
I think they would consider death the honorable way out. So, no.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-11-2011, 06:13 AM
I'd say yes ... Give the warrior a chance to redeem his honor and die honorably FIGHTING the borg.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
I'd say yes ... Give the warrior a chance to redeem his honor and die honorably FIGHTING the borg.
they dont realy give chances, they just punish, i think they are unlikely to go "you have dishonored your self and your family, take this ship and try to do better"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Yeah, it might not actually make sense, but I have a Liberated Klingon Borg toon and I like her and getting to play her just fine.

Liberated Gorn Borg? Giant Cyborg Lizardmen don't really push my buttons, sorry.

You know, I paid for the Lifetime Sub and I was damn sure I was going to use the shiny that came with it.

I just didn't want to do it Fed-side with all the other Liberated Borg filling up ESD along with the Joined Trill and Efficient Alien spam.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
i watched birthright again the other day (tng; season 6 epps 16 and 17) and it showed klingons who would rather die than be freed, who chose to stay prisoners because the dishonor of returning would affect their families for 3 generations.

so surely the honorable way to liberate a klingon is with a bat'leth to the throat.

because of this i think the klinogn liberated race should be gorn, as a subdued race i dont think they care too much about their conquors sence of honor and a giant zombie lizard man robot appeals to me for some reason.

(note; i dont expect anything to acctualy change, just putting it out there that i dont think klingons would want to live after being captured)
On the other hand, Martok was captured during Dominion Wars and with aid of Worf and buddies was able to escape in honorable way. He was even used as Jem'Hadar target dummy during his imprisonment and lost his eye in one fight.
If there is even slight change for escape Klingon needs to try it and that way reclaim his honor.
I don't see any problem with liberated Klingon Borgs. There some occasions Borg when drones have been disconnected from the Borg Collective Mind, check Voyager for those examples.



http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Martok
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-12-2011, 04:20 AM
i've noticed alot of mentions of escape or killing the guards.... how exactly would a borg manage this, they loose their free will and independant thought.

sure escaping a prison could salvage some honor but i dont think there is any way to get yourself out of the colective
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-12-2011, 04:53 AM
I think you're all looking at this from entirely the wrong perspect. The drone doesn't get a say in the matter so whether he's going to bring dishonor to his family for the next three generations is either ancillary or utterly irrelevant.

So ask yourself, is there honor in it for the warrior if he liberates a drone? Klingon honor has always been far too nebulous for me to say with certainty whether liberating the drone itself would be an honorable act but there will be an increase in strategic intelligence that will make the odds of winning the next battle far more likely and we can all agree the honor upheld by a glorious victory is far sweeter than the honor upheld by dying nobly in defeat.

So, in short, sure they'd liberate the drone, sucks for him if it means he needs to wear the dishonor of being captured.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
i've noticed alot of mentions of escape or killing the guards.... how exactly would a borg manage this, they loose their free will and independant thought.

sure escaping a prison could salvage some honor but i dont think there is any way to get yourself out of the colective
That is kind of the point. A drone can't do anything. Its not like a prisoner that can make a choice to try and escape or kill himself in prison. A klingon that tries to go down fighting doesn't know for certain that he'll be killed, no matter how hard he fights. He could be assimilated against his will. So, where is the dishonor in that? Its not like he made a bad choice. Its not like he chose to do the dishonorable thing.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:20 PM.