Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
In Design Discussions
The lead designers are currently discussing these features for implementation in an upcoming update

Upcoming Season 4 updates
  • KDF Episode conversions (converting FED episodes to a KDF playable version)
Thoughts? 10 char...
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-19-2011, 06:58 AM
I like this. Finally, the creators of the Hargh'Peng torpedoes can get them! Honestly, I'd love to run the entire Kuvag'Magh arc from the Klingon standpoint.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-19-2011, 08:16 AM
My point, this is one of the greatest example of missions that will fit very well the KDF play style and Lore. Hopefully, they can do that while remastering these missions for both feds and KDF. Above all, I am glad this project moves from "in discussion" to "in design" for a S4 patch.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-19-2011, 08:36 AM
I was pleased to see it. I've been against any type of faction merge and opening Federation missions to Klingons. However, I've always liked the idea of converting the Federation missions into some type of KDF experience that focuses on the Klingon point of view. I'm not going to get too excited about seeing them any time soon though. Before the Devs can get to those, I'd think they would need to finish the changes to the STFs, Featured Series 4, and the Borg Invasion.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-19-2011, 08:56 AM
I agree, it will not be for tomorrow... but, if it's within Season 4, we talk about months, not an eternity...
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-19-2011, 09:35 AM
I wanted original missions, but if this means that we finally get a smoother leveling experience then I say bring them on. I've wanted to play a Klingon since this game was announced with Perpetual, and I'm still waiting. I tried to play one, but just couldn't stomach the exploration or pvp grind.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_shirt_ View Post
Thoughts? 10 char...
My thoughts are these ideas will take longer than Gorn appearance revamp to go live.

So 2013 might be a good time to start a Klingon?

Lt. Commander
# 8
07-20-2011, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
My thoughts are these ideas will take longer than Gorn appearance revamp to go live.

Depends... If it needs new maps and the map experts are booked solid, then it'll probably wait. If it needs new objects to put on a map, likewise. But since these would be based off of existing missions, I'd bet that the requirements would be reasonably modest. I wouldn't be surprised if a good Foundry author would be able to make one, given the right maps and such.

I'm thinking Gozer could whip up new missions pretty darn fast if he gets enough breathing room. The key to making them successful is a good story hook that doesn't make the missions feel like retreads.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-20-2011, 09:01 AM
while we're at it I think that this woul;d be an excellent time to "fill in the gaps" B'vat's motivations are a bit of a mystery to me, and it'd be a good chance to give us some insight there
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post

Fully agree with you
I expect new KDF content more later then earlier.