Lt. Commander
We see a lot of FEDs swapping over to Klingon side on Otha and Kerrat. Iam not complaining. Usually it is to balance it up some. Is it against the rules? Should it be?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-19-2011, 09:46 AM
It is a bug. Not more and not less.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Seen it both ways actually. I know of a few KDF who will swap sides if there is a large imbalance of FED vs KDF or if they note someone is spawn camping.

It's probably however a bug and should be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Peeps
07-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
Seen it both ways actually. I know of a few KDF who will swap sides if there is a large imbalance of FED vs KDF or if they note someone is spawn camping.

It's probably however a bug and should be fixed.
Peeps that do this are the bottom of the trashcan frap and report them if you want fvf or kvk then que for it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Yeah, like the others said, its a bug.. People intentionally using it, is exploiting it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-20-2011, 06:52 AM
Considering that no advantage is gained, is it really an exploit? There is no FvF or KvK que for open PvP. I personally don't mind it. But sometimes someone will warp in and threaten to report. It would be nice to know if it is an official violation.
For example, my son and I go to Otha. No other players are there. For a challenge he swaps sides. After a while another player shows up. He threatens to report even though nobody attacked him.
Another example 1 guy is out numbered by the other side. A few players swap sides to stop spawn camping.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-20-2011, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
Considering that no advantage is gained, is it really an exploit? There is no FvF or KvK que for open PvP. I personally don't mind it. But sometimes someone will warp in and threaten to report. It would be nice to know if it is an official violation.
For example, my son and I go to Otha. No other players are there. For a challenge he swaps sides. After a while another player shows up. He threatens to report even though nobody attacked him.
Another example 1 guy is out numbered by the other side. A few players swap sides to stop spawn camping.
Per defination, this is a bug.

Intentionally using this is, again per defination, an exploit.

Now, I couldnt care less, just saying how it would be viewed.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Is this a real ?
07-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
Advantages gained have nothing to do with exploitation of a bug exploiting game buds is a band able offences and people doing so should be made a example of due to previous issue with exploits. there is NO OPEN PVP AT ALL. Well Now you know it is a violation if it was intended the game would have that option would it not?

The point is exploiting is not allowed no matter the circumstances and like in the real world a thief is a thief same goes for a exploiting is exploiting what will stop them from further exploitation of the game. If there is nothing to fear.