Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
For ages I have been trying find somewhere that will tell me what abilities and skills work great together, and was hoping some of you would share your experiences?

Please response using this simple template:

Class: TAC / SCI/ ENG
Tactic: Defensive / Offensive
Description: short summary of what you experienced, and perhaps any shared cooldowns that hampered you?
Skills: e.g EptS III + EWC III

* Disclaimer: I know there are many threads, posts, sites etc detailing these but I still would like one post to refer to instead of searching far and wide.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Ok what is EWC, Eject Warp Core3
Lt. Commander
# 3 Yip, roger, righto!
07-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Ok what is EWC, Eject Warp Core3
Correct - but its was just an example
Lt. Commander
# 4 My favourite defensive
07-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Description: If you are looking to play a more support role the the following combo will heal amost any ally under duress. TSS grants a large shield regen and small shield damage resistance buff. The higher your aux the better the transfer, so swop to a high aux power setting, and pop an aux. battery for the AtSIF, which grants a small hull heal and medium damage resistance. HE will give your ally a large hull regen, small damage resistance, as well as a hazard debuff cleanse. ENG, well that speaks for itself right

Skills: e.g TSS II + ENG III + HE I + AtSIF III (get your EptS III handy for when you come under attack)

TSS is affected by:
Starship Operations Training
Starship Deflectors
Starship Deflector Field

Engineering is affected by:
Engineering Team Leader
Starship Engine Maintenance
Starship Hull Repair

HE is affected by:
Starship Emitters
Starship Hazard System

AtSIF is affected by:
Starship Engineering Training
Starship Auxiliary Systems Maintenance
Starship Auxiliary Systems Performance
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-20-2011, 09:01 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Description: TSS grants a large shield regen and small shield damage resistance buff. The higher your shields the better the transfer, so swop to a high shield power setting,
Skills: e.g TSS II + ENG III + HE I + AtSIF III (get your EptS III handy for when you come under attack)

TSS is affected by:
Starship Deflectors
Starship Deflector Field
I think youre mixing up the tss and the extend shields http://www.stowiki.org/Ability:_Extend_Shields . the science one you are talking about is purely based on auxiliary. buffing shield power will do nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Sleeping on the job
07-20-2011, 10:17 AM
[quote=bigduckie]
Quote:

I think youre mixing up the tss and the extend shields http://www.stowiki.org/Ability:_Extend_Shields . the science one you are talking about is purely based on auxiliary. buffing shield power will do nothing.
Thanks and you're absolutely correct! Aux for TSS [* Bangs his head repeatedly]
Lt. Commander
# 7 I'll get the ball rolling ...
07-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Description: This is a great combo to use when you have situational awareness of possible counters. It's a burst attack so your window of opportunity is small. Tactical Fleet confers All Damage strength for 30 secs, as well as boosts your Starship Attack Vectors for 30 secs; Go down fighting increases your Damage strength for 60 secs (scaled damage buff); Attack Pattern Alpha gives you a combination of +30 (60%) Base Damage strength for 30 sec, +2% (4%) Critical Chance for 30 sec, +20% (40%) Critical Severity for 30 sec, +80% Flight Turn Rate strength for 30 sec

Skills: e.g Tactical Fleet + Gone down fighting + Attack Pattern Alpha + Cannon Rapid Fire III (HYT III as soon as shields go down)

APA is affected by:
Starship Attack Vectors
Starship Combat Maneuvers
Starship Battle Strategy

Go down fighting is affected by:
Tactical Team Leader

THY is affected by:
Starship Torpedo Weapons
Starship Projectile Weapons Training
* weapon stats

CRF is affected by:
Starship Cannon Weapons
Starship Energy Weapons Training
* weapons stats

Critique welcome!
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Description: This is a great combo to use when you have situational awareness of possible counters. It's a burst attack so your window of opportunity is small. Tactical Fleet confers All Damage strength for 30 secs, as well as boosts your Starship Attack Vectors for 30 secs; Go down fighting increases your Damage strength for 60 secs (scaled damage buff); Attack Pattern Alpha gives you a combination of +30 (60%) Base Damage strength for 30 sec, +2% (4%) Critical Chance for 30 sec, +20% (40%) Critical Severity for 30 sec, +80% Flight Turn Rate strength for 30 sec

Skills: e.g Tactical Fleet + Gone down fighting + Attack Pattern Alpha + Cannon Rapid Fire III (HYT III as soon as shields go down)

Critique welcome!
Don't have the numbers but the preferred combo is
tactical initiative-TF-GDF-FOMM-APA-APO-CRF2 then HYT1 or 2. If you have cloak you also get a bonus.

A nice secondary is

APB-CRF2-HYT1 or 2 while APA is still running.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Don't have the numbers but the preferred combo is
tactical initiative-TF-GDF-FOMM-APA-APO-CRF2 then HYT1 or 2. If you have cloak you also get a bonus.

A nice secondary is

APB-CRF2-HYT1 or 2 while APA is still running.
Agreed - personally I save FOMM + HYT II as a secondary to the above. Is that not feasible? I also fire Tactical Initiative last to speed-up the cooldowns?
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Agreed - personally I save FOMM + HYT II as a secondary to the above. Is that not feasible? I also fire Tactical Initiative last to speed-up the cooldowns?
Yeah TI at the end is better duh, work is draining the brain. I guess it depends on preference with FOMM. I use it in team play to mark my target.