Lt. Commander
# 1 Vesta Class
07-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Mark Rademaker recently blogged that he was in brief talks to have the Vesta class brought into STO last winter.

http://mark-rademaker.blogspot.com/2...eter-news.html

Quote:
Vesta class, STO and some Demeter news.
I noticed that there is some "discussion" going on about the Vesta class and Star Trek Online.

4 or 5 months ago I had brief contact with Cryptic about getting this class in Star Trek Online. They had to check with CBS. That is also the last update I got. Just to be clear on that: If they would contact me, I'm willing to help out.
Lets post and raise interest/pressure for Cryptic to find out what is taking CBS so long and move things along
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-19-2011, 02:49 PM
There's already been multiple threads on this, w/ this page cited
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-19-2011, 03:27 PM
I think we can all just assume CBS is being jerks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I think we can all just assume CBS is being jerks.
is it possiable CBS doesn't really like the Vetsa class and doesn't want the design to "spread" as it where?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Although I REALLY want one, my bet is someone doesn't really know what to do with the vesta.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
Although I REALLY want one, my bet is someone doesn't really know what to do with the vesta.
I can't say I care much for it myself, but I tend to favor the idea that all the tech voyager brought back with em was locked in a vault by temporal investigations. (course I also favor the idea that Janeway'd be tossed in the vault too but apparently they amde her an admiral)
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
is it possiable CBS doesn't really like the Vetsa class and doesn't want the design to "spread" as it where?
If that were true, they wouldn't have approved it for the book in the first place.

My guess is that there's a loose link in the chain. One or both parties are not talking to each other. And obviously its not the creator holding this back.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobeleca
Mark Rademaker recently blogged that he was in brief talks to have the Vesta class brought into STO last winter.

http://mark-rademaker.blogspot.com/2...eter-news.html

Lets post and raise interest/pressure for Cryptic to find out what is taking CBS so long and move things along
Their "rights" lawyers are busy with Happy Days.

More seriously, when contracts don't exist rights to use such material doesn't exist. That everyone is willing to have the Vesta in STO is really besides the point, if the paperwork isn't there and they put it in it leaves Cryptic and CBS open to being sued by Mark in the future should he so desire. Saying he'd like to have it in the game doesn't change his intellectual property rights, contracts that define use and compensation, if any, need to exist.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-21-2011, 02:59 AM
actually i would try to get some cooperation with the "Ships of the Line"-Calendar going.

They always have these awesome new Ships, yet they never make it beyond some jpegs and posters on someones wall.

How awesome would it be for all parties involved to get ALL those ships into STO, as a C-Store package maybe.

CBS surely is involved with that SOTL Calendar stuff, so they already have to agree to their Ships in some form.

How about some cross promoting?
you buy the Calendar you get a free C-Store code for STO -> drives people to check out the game
you buy the C-Store package you get a free Calendar from Amazon... or a discount... -> puts more attention to SOTL

a wise man can hear an opportunity in the wind!
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-21-2011, 08:50 PM
dstahl, thank you for the response.