Lt. Commander
# 1 Abandon Ship Power
07-24-2011, 10:18 AM
K, maybe is just my opinion but the ''Abandon ship'' power is a bit off, meaning is kinda uselles. Maybe Cryptic should give us something that really help us fighting, not to blow us up by ourselfs ( this is the job of our enemies).
- ONLY GOOD POINT: In PVP ramming speed combined with this gets you a kill, but really, I'm not a big fan of kamikaze .
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-24-2011, 10:23 AM
It would be nice if Abandon Ship had some cool ball of light expanding shock wave effect with some significant damage to anything caught in it's wake. Of course, I'd prefer that all warp core breachs were dangerous to friend and foe alike and was a pretty large AoE. If you see someone melting down it might be a good idea to GTFO.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Abandon ship should be a menu option in our ship section and it automates what we do when our ships are in danger of being destroyed. At a certain percentage hull (maximum of 5-15% to prevent chain blowups at 100%) your ship will start the abandon ship cycle with you can override (stop) by pushing that pesky, currently useless button within a certain period of time, after that its done.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Abandon ship should deal a moderate damage AOE attack similar to the Harg'peng's AOE.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-24-2011, 10:44 AM
I really don't think Abandon Ship should be a power. In the shows/movies, you never saw any ship get close to another enemy ship in combat and order 'Abandon ship'. It's silly that it's an actual ability in STO.

Captain: "Status of the warbird!"
Tactical: "Aft and starboard shields are close to collapse and it's impulse drive is fluctuating."
Captain: "Excellent. Helm, pull us along side. We're abandoning ship."
Crew: ""

It's stupid.

Self-destruct should be an ability. Three or four times the power a standard ship explosion now. Activating Self-Destruct starts a timer. It can be set off any time by the player or it will automatically go off when the timer counts down. Can be canceled any time prior to timer expiration. Add in the escape pod animations for fun. Great at parties.

Yeah, I know Abandon Ship is loosely intended to be a self-destruct mechanism, but as the OP said it's kinda useless.

And since we have Abandon Ship as a power I want Phaser Overload as a power, too, so I can turn my away team into a little suicide bombers on the ground.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
And since we have Abandon Ship as a power I want Phaser Overload as a power, too, so I can turn my away team into a little suicide bombers on the ground.

Z
ROFL

And thus did Zordar invent the Zergling, errr Redshirt rush and there was much rejoicing among those not wearing the red shirt.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-24-2011, 01:46 PM
LOL - Abandon ship hasn't worked on my main toon for over a year. So yeah, pretty useless.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciprianp View Post
K, maybe is just my opinion but the ''Abandon ship'' power is a bit off, meaning is kinda uselles. Maybe Cryptic should give us something that really help us fighting, not to blow us up by ourselfs ( this is the job of our enemies).
- ONLY GOOD POINT: In PVP ramming speed combined with this gets you a kill, but really, I'm not a big fan of kamikaze .
Agree, I've thought about this before glad I'm not alone, Abandon Ship is totally useless, in concept it should preserve something (the crew) IDK, perhaps on Adv/Elite levels cryptic could make it so you take no wounds on your ship if you go out with "Abandon", just a thought on how to make it useful.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Something trekkie
07-24-2011, 02:11 PM
In the list of space powers of a tactical I don't really feel any trek. The science have a lot of things, but the tactical seems, from my point of view that they were somehow forgot. So, Cryptic pls change this uselless Abandon ship with something trekkie that would help us.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-24-2011, 02:36 PM
The problem with the skill is, that we have on the other side ramming speed (i think at below 50%)

so ramming speed is more or less this kamikaze ability, because u will usuallly anyway die when u use it and ramming speed also deals more dmg than abandon ship.

complete odd and useless skill

why don't change it like that: when u manage to blow yourself up with abandon ship in arena pvp -> your enemy wont get a point - would be cool though.