Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Hello, after another month (and I'm just focusing on how Season 4 made this worse, a certain fleet has been doing this for a very long time) of dealing with the F**** S***** spawn camping, I'm asking anyone at Cryptic, or the community to speak up against these type of fleets.

Sinse I first encountered this certain fleet awhile back ago, to the way they act today, it is the same. No amount of tickets, from opposing teams, seem to have done a single thing, which saddens me.

It's one thing to just have a better coordinated attack, but taking up sniper positions or waiting literally on the spawn point with shotguns can never be justified.

I know others have had problems with this fleets doing thist...I'm just wondering...why hasn't anything been done...?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-24-2011, 09:43 AM
not their fault cryptic suck
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-24-2011, 09:44 AM
I hear they're pretty good in space too, that's just OP
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
I hear they're pretty good in space too, that's just OP
To be honest, I haven't encountered them in space much, and well that's an entirely different thing than ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Bud, I'm not saying you are right or wrong. All I'm going to suggest is that you edit any reference to this fleet out, and maybe report your own thread to ask if they will delete or change the title. People get a bit sensitive about the naming and shaming business (which is against the rules anyway).

At any rate, spawn camping is not against the rules, no matter how crappy it might be. This thread, however, is only going to be a point of frustration when you are the one moderated. Do yourself a favor and try a bit of damage control.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-24-2011, 01:23 PM
I will give my props that they are good at what they do, but I really wish Cryptic would just give us an option to fight premades or not.

Maybe people would start PvPing again knowing there they aren't going to lose as soon as they step into a match.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Hello, after another month (and I'm just focusing on how Season 4 made this worse, a certain fleet has been doing this for a very long time) of dealing with the F**** S***** spawn camping, I'm asking anyone at Cryptic, or the community to speak up against these type of fleets.
I wouldn't expect you to know this since you are not a regular ground PvP'er but the respawn issue is being looked into by Cryptic. As a matter of fact, we had a dev in the GroundPvP channel last week looking for feedback from the ground PvP community and even played some matches. You want to know what the first thing was that we brought up? Yes. It was spawn camping. They acknowledged it as an issue and promised they are going to fix it.

Quote:
Sinse I first encountered this certain fleet awhile back ago, to the way they act today, it is the same. No amount of tickets, from opposing teams, seem to have done a single thing, which saddens me.
Tickets? It is a long standing tradition of MMOs that have PvP for the GMs to follow this one, simple rule: in PvP, if there is a PvP solution to a PvP "problem," then that is the correct solution. Sorry but that's just the way it is. Competitive games are meant to be competitive.

Quote:
It's one thing to just have a better coordinated attack, but taking up sniper positions or waiting literally on the spawn point with shotguns can never be justified.
You call us campers. OK. Now try to see it from another way. You are abusing the spawn mechanic by turtling. Sorry, but it's not camping when the opposing team bunkers on top of their spawn point... throwing out turrets, cover shields, domes, etc. then attempting to hide behind them. Tell me... is it fair play when someone hides behind a cover shield, spamming up the map with fabrications, at their spawn point... then to cry foul when we finally decide to move in and take them out?

As a matter of fact, far too often we are "too nice" about spawn bunkering. We do pull back. We do give teams a chance to move. Often it is to our determent... when, in fact, we all could have rolled in and wiped out the entire team. Yet we stay back and wait. And wait. And wait.

We also have players who voluntarily sit out when matches are uneven. We split up during matches and roam around the map by ourselves quite often as well. We use "fun guns." And... wait for it... we also sometimes unequip our weapons and use our fists.

Do you know how many times I have run past a freshly spawned toon and been shot in the back?

Quote:
I know others have had problems with this flees doing thist...I'm just wondering...why hasn't anything been done...?
I have an idea. How about someone get serious and take us down? There are no secrets to our success. And there is nothing we would like more than to see more competitive matches. Nothing. But, alas, that would take more effort than a forum post.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
You call us campers. OK. Now try to see it from another way. You are abusing the spawn mechanic by turtling. Sorry, but it's not camping when the opposing team bunkers on top of their spawn point... throwing out turrets, cover shields, domes, etc. then attempting to hide behind them. Tell me... is it fair play when someone hides behind a cover shield, spamming up the map with fabrications, at their spawn point... then to cry foul when we finally decide to move in and take them out?
Meh, I don't care about spawn camping all that much, but that's a lame defense and you know it. You make it sound as though "spawn" point bunkering was a tactical choice for these people, when in fact, it's usually more of a last ditch effort - of course they are going to try and take cover with whatever they can. And let's be real, when your fleet spawn camps, it's usually from both sides. So don't even pretend that the people getting camped even have a choice.

Who in the right mind would prefer to bunker at their spawn point, when as soon as you spawn, you die before you can even move. Yeah, great tactical advantage there [rolls_eyes].

But meh, Cryptic is supposedly working on this so we'll see. As of right now, it's a pointless point of contention and who cares if your fleet does whatever it does. Even with spawn camping, I still get to have some fun, even when on the receiving end.

Now, if only some of your fleet members wouldn't run unless they have 2 or more with them, that would be good. As of right now, I can only name 2 that I would consider good players, that actually stick around to fight when their numbers aren't overwhelming.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-24-2011, 08:22 PM
I think you misunderstood. He's agreeing that it's not tactically sound. I think his point was that people who use that "tactic" and then complain about being spawn camped don't actually have a leg to stand on. If you aren't trying to get away from the spawn then you are asking for it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
If you aren't trying to get away from the spawn then you are asking for it.
how dare you come into this thread with your logic and reason /reported
Closed Thread