Lt. Commander
# 1 SFMC Uniform
07-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Greetings devs. I would really love to see a Marine Uniform for STO. Some type of camo design with cargo pockets. Maybe a current USMC meets Starfleet uniform.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-24-2011, 12:53 PM
2409 MACO uniforms would neat to see, assuming whether or not MACOs will be seen or mentioned or used in the game at some point. Until then, my Mirror Enterprise costumes will have to fill that role.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
2409 MACO uniforms would neat to see, assuming whether or not MACOs will be seen or mentioned or used in the game at some point. Until then, my Mirror Enterprise costumes will have to fill that role.
Love to see MACO uniforms!
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Why would you need camo on a starship?

Besides the federation is the same group that thinks that having a dedicated borg task fighting force would be a waste of time despite being attacked by them almost every day. And routinely destroys effective ships or strategies because they don't think they will ever run into that situation again.
Expecting them to have a military uniform like that is a bit silly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-24-2011, 09:10 PM
IT could be pointed out that Starfleet decided that before the Vega attack, of course, as it stands right now, in the game timeline when the new tutorial mission goes live, we won't be starting our game life under threat from the Borg. With that said, I don't recall exactly at what point in the novel timeline (the STO novel "the Needs of the Many") the MACO's are reconstituted. This could be a force brought back to fight the combined crisis' of the Borg and the Undine. I would like to see something done with this, and of course the release of some form of uniform. Of course I would hope this would be a seperate division within the fold of Starfleet and make them NPC's that dont exactly follow a PC's command structure.

And and there are the considerations regarding whether this should be an armor type or a uniform type. Frankly I would like some customization options on the armor slots.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-24-2011, 11:58 PM
That's all nice and good, but IF they put in a camo version SFMC they should also put in a MC Dress uniform.. I have to put my 2 cents in due to my son being in the USMC. I'm a very proud father and was a very worried father while my son did his time over in Iraq. I have the deepest respect for all of our military personnel.