Lt. Commander
# 1 Suggestion: KDF XP Boost
07-25-2011, 06:30 AM
Since the general consensus is that the KDF side is lacking somewhat in the pve area and therefor also in the levl. area, would it be all wrong with a general +xp boost?

As it is now there doesn't seem to much incentive for people to start a KDF character since:

Less content than the feds, ie more grind.
Less content in the c-store than the feds.
You have to be lvl 6(not a big problem but still curious).
+ Probably a lot more.

If the levling was faster perhaps people would tend to try the KDF.

Personally, for me going Fed is out of the question since the KDF are way more cool, I will rather grind then going Fed. Still, if I didn't have to I wouldn't mind. I am not asking for the ultimate death cannon, not asking to nerf anything, not even asking for more content, I am just asking for some sort of balance between the amount of content and the speed of levling.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-25-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm not in favor of this suggestion. It is too general and too imbalancing.

What I would be in favor of is strategically increasing the frequency of XP Boost item drops and/or making them optional rewards in missions in certain level ranges.

Rather than a general xp increase for all KDF players at every level, players can choose whether or not to use Boost items and I am guessing this could be more easily adjusted by the devs than a general increase. Boost items are self-limiting, as they expire predictably.

Alternatively, the xp rewards for certain missions could be increased strategically to help offset the lack of missions. That might be an even better solution, except that the Devs would need to revisit this after new missions were added in order to keep level progression balanced.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Alternatively, the xp rewards for certain missions could be increased strategically to help offset the lack of missions. That might be an even better solution, except that the Devs would need to revisit this after new missions were added in order to keep level progression balanced.
Yes, that would be in the lines of what I am asking for, boost xp where it is needed., at certain lvl ranges etc.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-26-2011, 06:29 AM
I know when I leveled my Klingon, it was most certainly tough at times because of limited options to gain XP and that. A boost in skillpoint rewards for certain missions would fix the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar_swe
Yes, that would be in the lines of what I am asking for, boost xp where it is needed., at certain lvl ranges etc.
Sorry, I misunderstood. When you said general xp boost I thought you meant increasing xp gain across the board. I'm totally on board with tweaking xp rewards as needed to help level progression.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-28-2011, 10:03 AM
If you farm some anomolies, there's a good chance you can find a few of those 1 hr skill bonus things, it's only short term, but every little bit helps.
I found 3 this week alone.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-31-2011, 03:18 AM
my klingon is currently captain 6 and is really struggling to get some good experiance , chos nebula was nice at first but now hes down to 200 xp a cycle , sorry thats BS cryptic , i understand you put in checks to stop power leveling but you have got to get a reallity check on what youve made availible to klingons to grind on . our story is skant at best and pvp queues at captain nowadays . you are lucky if theres a match an hour at captain . its a tough demoralising grind being a klingon