Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon Bloodlust
07-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Found this on the net and found it very interesting, and thought I would see what everyone thought. I do apologize to the Devs if someone else brought this up, but thought it was fitting since this looks and feels like a REAL Klingon ship. I was very happy to see that this ship has 2 variants from a cruiser design for engineers to a scout design for Tactical captains. Don't know if Cryptic would be able to get this design, but, I for one would find it nice to have this design in game to supplement the KDF. http://www.stexcalibur.com/Joomla/in...=31&vsig73_0=0
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Looks very, very VERY much like what should be an in between of the Vor'cha and the Neg'Var. Perhaps a Tier 6 ship that incorporates aspects of them both. Sadly that being a fan design, I don't think they'll even ponder looking at it seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-31-2011, 11:56 AM
There needs to be a sticky post discouraging people from submitting existing non-canon designs, for the simple fact that 99% of them have no chance whatsoever of ever appearing in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-31-2011, 12:59 PM
They may never make it in game, but they can inspire. They can show what other people think a new Klingon ship would look like. I wouldn't mind something similar to think being the next KDF flagship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Many of the Klingon ships in game are Cryptics own design
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo80 View Post
Many of the Klingon ships in game are Cryptics own design
I'd say about half-and-half, actually. These have all appeared in some form or another in the series or movies:

-B'Rel (ST3, ST5, ST6, TNG, DS9)
-Vor'cha (TNG, DS9)
-The D7 and its refit, the K'T'inga (TOS, ST:TMP, ST2, ST6, TNG, DS9, VOY)
-Negh'var (TNG, DS9, VOY)
-Somraw Raptor (ENT)
-At least one of the variants of Bird of Prey (ENT; not quite sure which, to be honest - I flew cruisers, heh)
-Toron shuttle (TNG)

Rest of 'em, yeah, that's just stuff Cryptic made up.