Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
I've been looking around at the different inclusive bonuses for the virtual plethora of different releases STO has, such as the Gold, Collector's, Digital Deluxe and so on.

I have two main questions regarding these, and a third related one:

1. Can I add the code for two different box types (Collector's and DD, for example) and obtain the bonuses from both? (I believe I received some outfits with the DD edition I already have, and the Collector's edition apparently has some other outfits along with that snazzy badge, of course.)

2. Will I get the 30 days playtime from the extra box I add? (Say I add a Gold box to my already DD-enabled account, which is currently using the 30 days inclusive playtime, will I have another 30 days added?)

And finally, if I'm able to redeem that playtime;

3. If I were to, say, purchase two copies of the original basic edition could I add the code from each box and obtain 30 days for each (an extra total of 60 days playtime).

I've seen a few posts about CO players that have been able to use multiple codes on the same account, and since I was able to extend my demo when it was disabled by adding a friend-referral code I expect that something similar will work, I'm just curious as to whether I'd get any extra playtime as well.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-29-2011, 04:57 AM
Can't speak to points 2-3, but regarding point 1 the answer is yes (I do this myself).
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-29-2011, 05:03 AM
When I first joined last year, I saw a post that answered 2 & 3. On that post, it stated: "If the games are registered at the same time": "The Free 30 days run Concurrently".

How it works if you register them at different times, I can not say.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-29-2011, 05:06 AM
I should be able to pick up the original boxed copies in a week or two, so will try one out and see what I get from it.

Thanks for the input
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-29-2011, 05:23 AM
I have successfully done this on both my lifetime and my son's recurring accounts. When I entered the code on his recurring account the next billing date changed to 30 days later. I do not know if you can add another 30 immediately. I also got 500 C-store points added. The 30 days added nothing to my lifetime account.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
I have successfully done this on both my lifetime and my son's recurring accounts. When I entered the code on his recurring account the next billing date changed to 30 days later. I do not know if you can add another 30 immediately. I also got 500 C-store points added. The 30 days added nothing to my lifetime account.
The Atari tokens also interest me in this regard - I originally got 500 when I purchased the Digital Deluxe edition, and those went quite quickly (what with the Elim Garak sale on recently :p) but I wasn't sure if I'd get any more with additional codes entered.

I'll certainly look into getting one of the original boxes, considering I can get one for about 50p. If I do get the additional days and tokens, I'll likely go and find the other editions as cheap as possible also. I do want that commbadge that comes with one of them
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-29-2011, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyk
1. Can I add the code for two different box types (Collector's and DD, for example) and obtain the bonuses from both? (I believe I received some outfits with the DD edition I already have, and the Collector's edition apparently has some other outfits along with that snazzy badge, of course.)
Yes. Each code is separate, and can claimed once for each account.

Quote:
2. Will I get the 30 days playtime from the extra box I add? (Say I add a Gold box to my already DD-enabled account, which is currently using the 30 days inclusive playtime, will I have another 30 days added?)
Yes. Each code applies all the awards for that code to the account, regardless of what has been applied previously.

Quote:
And finally, if I'm able to redeem that playtime;

3. If I were to, say, purchase two copies of the original basic edition could I add the code from each box and obtain 30 days for each (an extra total of 60 days playtime).
No. As mentioned before, you can apply a code for each game time once per account.

For reference, this is what I have on my account. note that I have multiple game types, but that I only have each type once. The two "Digital Deluxe" versions are actually separate types. One came from Amazon, one came from Steam.

Activated Features
  • Star Trek Online - Digital Retail (STO site)
  • Star Trek Online Public Test Shard
  • Star Trek Online - Retail Collectors Edition (Amazon)
  • Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe (Amazon)
  • Star Trek Online - Retail (Target)
  • Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe (Steam)
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-29-2011, 07:51 AM
I could have sworn i read somewhere that they changed it so you no longer get the free time when adding more than one edition to an account.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
I could have sworn i read somewhere that they changed it so you no longer get the free time when adding more than one edition to an account.
The only time the free 30 days was given per retail key was back when the game was selling for significantly more than the cost of the monthly subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
This is true. While the bonuses stack, and I suspect you might get one free 30 day period, you no longer get 30 free days with each code. Wishstone made a post about it a while back, so I guess you could search her posts for the actual confirmation.

Edit: Aha! Found it! http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...20&postcount=5

So there is no benefit in using multiple codes of the same type. If I were you, I would look at the various editions (Collector's, Digital Deluxe, etc.) and figure out which bonuses are worth the cost of that edition, since that's basically what you would be paying for - now that the 30 days no longer stack. They're selling for pretty cheap in various places though, so it could still be worth it, even without the 30 days. Up to you.