Lt. Commander
# 1 Original Series Items
07-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Greeting's fellow Trekkies,

Just wondering the other night if Cryptic would be releasing more Original Series themed items in-game? (such as Original Series communicators, tricorders, etc)
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoy3773 View Post
Greeting's fellow Trekkies,

Just wondering the other night if Cryptic would be releasing more Original Series themed items in-game? (such as Original Series communicators, tricorders, etc)
A lot of stuff is in already. Unfortunately I am thinking that communicators and tricorders are back burnered. If even on the table.

Buy the TOS bundle and you get all the uniforms and can give phaser type 2 to your entire bridge crew. You can get phaser type 1 and phaser rifle from missions or mission replays.

Playing at LT level with the TOS Connie and bridge sets and uniforms and weapons is just kick butt. Wished I could do it to vice admiral.

Of course if your a roleplayer like I am it just gives you such geeky goodness that is better than a sugar high.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
A lot of stuff is in already. Unfortunately I am thinking that communicators and tricorders are back burnered. If even on the table.

Buy the TOS bundle and you get all the uniforms and can give phaser type 2 to your entire bridge crew. You can get phaser type 1 and phaser rifle from missions or mission replays.

Playing at LT level with the TOS Connie and bridge sets and uniforms and weapons is just kick butt. Wished I could do it to vice admiral.

Of course if your a roleplayer like I am it just gives you such geeky goodness that is better than a sugar high.
I've already got the TOS Bundle and starship, seems really good. Also, is there a TOS phaser rifle and hand held "shaver" phaser?
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-02-2011, 10:15 AM
I would really like more of this content! It is nice to be on your TOS corridors on your Connie and see everyone walking around in TOS uniforms but I really think the tricorders and medical scanners as well as weapons would be cool.

I think you get the 2265 Federation Type 3 Phaser Rifle from the Devidian Front final mission “Night of the Comet”. A MUST for any TOS Captain
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-02-2011, 04:23 PM
and you get the type 1 phaser pistol from the Guardian missions with Miral Paris.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-04-2011, 12:18 AM
I hope not..

We are in 2409 not the 2260s..
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-11-2011, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoy3773 View Post
I've already got the TOS Bundle and starship, seems really good. Also, is there a TOS phaser rifle and hand held "shaver" phaser?
yes the phaser rifle is in a devidian mission (the last one I believe) and the shaver phaser is in a Klingon mission in Pi Canis I believe its the "past imperfect" mission

Quote:
I snatched up a blue TOS-era Klingon Disruptor Pistol MK IV back when I was a LtCmdr.

It was a sad day when I finally got weapons that were undeniably better. Still have it in my bank, since it was such an awesome item to grab.
you can get those at what ever rank your at now so if your a VA it will be a Mk XI version, there still decent weapons to have IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBugHunter View Post
yes the phaser rifle is in a devidian mission (the last one I believe) and the shaver phaser is in a Klingon mission in Pi Canis I believe its the "past imperfect" mission

you can get those at what ever rank your at now so if your a VA it will be a Mk XI version, there still decent weapons to have IMO.
decent? I think at VA the disruptor is 102 DPS that's more than decent... it's one of the higher DPS pistols in game
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakout View Post
decent? I think at VA the disruptor is 102 DPS that's more than decent... it's one of the higher DPS pistols in game
/nerdvoice 100 DPS /end nerdvoice

It is the BEST Rare pistol (blue) in the game with the TOS Phaser from the same mission (Night of the Comet) being the second best. I use that combo for Borg STFs (my tac is specced into pistols) Anti-Proton Pistols are only better by a couple of DPS. If you want to RP TOS or just like the sounds/looks of the weapons, they are well worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Cryptic
08-11-2011, 03:54 AM
They seem have big chip on the shoulders about this one. They do not like putting TOS stuff in game and unless Cryptics is willing to post a letter from CBS saying we do not want Cryptic to use TOS stuff. I do not belive them about CBS being the big road block. It would 30 seconds to type up a letter and have the head of CBS Star Trek Canon sign it. Cryptic keep saying we need to make money and they know that players are willing to put USD for thing like T5 Constitution-class They even admitted it was the most ask for ship. Cryptic dose not get it that if they want to bring in older players to the game you must put thing in the game the older people grew up on that means TOS ships.