Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP reward
08-01-2011, 12:26 AM
I know this is a topic as old as PvP itself... rewards for PvP. Currently at the end of every match we get some EC, skill/BO points and so on. If we win or lose doesn't matter at all.

The problem with adding rewards is how to distribute them. Should the best healer get them or the one with the most damage? So some kind of ranking is as usual a problem. So why not give the reward to the winning team? Then it wouldn't matter who has done the most damage/healing because every one on the winning side would get something.

Now the question remains what type of reward should we get. Additional Marks/Emblems? Well if you ask me that's not really needed. EC/skill points the same. As soon as you have maxed out a char you don't need them anymore. Now what do we need at max lvl? Items (well at least I do ). So why not give every member of the winning team an item box like we get for the Foundry daily or Aid the planet missions. Sometimes you will have a good item sometimes not. As alternative you might let people choose between lvl aproppriate item and emblems.

Pro: A reward (no matter how small) for actually winning might persuade people to actually try to win a game and not remain at the spawn point or try to play Kirk. Also it might bring more people to PvP. All the other rewards you can get in PvE too but a random level appropriate item is more interesting (at least for me). Another point the influx of high level items might bring down the prizes on the exchange.

Con: PvEers might complain why we get such a reward while there is nothing comparable in PvE. Also while more PvErs try their luck the skilllevel of the players might go down in the short-time. Another problem is the farming of the reward. So you shouldn't be able to get it in private matches. Also you might see an increase of premades because of the new reward.

*scratches head* I think that's all for now. What do you think? Good idea or should I start to run from the pitchforks?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-01-2011, 12:43 AM
Hmm

A level appropiate item box might be an idea, maybe even a item payout like in FAs and Ker'rat

PvErs cant really complain about it, since they can get boxes or items in no times doing either the FAs or Aid missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-01-2011, 12:58 AM
You already gave the reason it'll never happen- "pve'rs will complain they have nothing like it."
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
You already gave the reason it'll never happen- "pve'rs will complain they have nothing like it."
Oh?

Item Boxes = Aid the Planet = PvE Content

Item Rewards = Fleet Actions = PvE Content

They allready have it
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-01-2011, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Oh?

Item Boxes = Aid the Planet = PvE Content

Item Rewards = Fleet Actions = PvE Content

They allready have it
i said they'd say they get nothing like it lol. you dont "win" at giving a planet aid(s) and honestly with the way the fa que's have been (along with the pvp ones) i can say that until its fixed it doesnt count (if its fixed then yes, by all means it counts)

the point i was making is pretty well stated by i think furque, look at the horrible feature episode rewards from the romulan series,

pvp community- we have a lot of spam to deal with in pvp matchs dev's, could you not stick anymore in and give all a good balance pass? please? mmmk

devs- whats that? they want more spam? -adds cloaking mines that'll stop a full engined star ship- thatll make those pve'rs happy... right?

pve'rs- YAY cool toys for us to kill an already easy to kill foe -much love-

pvp'rs- WTF!? -many facepalms and sad panda's all around-

at least... this is the way i think it happened. -historical acc. is not 100% accurate-
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-01-2011, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i said they'd say they get nothing like it lol. you dont "win" at giving a planet aid(s) and honestly with the way the fa que's have been (along with the pvp ones) i can say that until its fixed it doesnt count (if its fixed then yes, by all means it counts)
I did some 3-4 FAs yday, and it worked fine.

As for the aid missions.. The dont compete with other players, but they do complete (ie: "win") the mission.. My arguement stands :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-01-2011, 01:27 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~GM Tiyshen
And posting a legitimate question about stuff we're interested in (like Qo'nos Moon or Wheelchairs) gets trolled/ridiculed by those same PvErs
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-01-2011, 02:52 AM
Winning is all the reward I need.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Relax PPL
08-01-2011, 03:00 AM
*tea, earl grey, hot* for everyone.

so now we don't even need trolling PvEer scum, to come here and ruin our leet reasoning. Motto of Snix Day: they don't read my postin, letz keep hatin or what???

I couldn't care much about the rewards one way or the other, but I m afraid that a winner takes all approach will only introduce more unfun elements into PvP. PuGing has almost died, lets not kick it even further, we need more players, not less. But some 70:30 distro would be fine.