Lt. Commander
# 1 confusion question..skills
08-02-2011, 05:32 PM
i clicked the skill-up button that appears in the upper left today and have now filled the first whole row up. 9 in all skills. When will the next row of skills light up for me? Must I wait until I am LT-comm? I am currently LT-7

I used a skill planner to show what im looking at and posted a screenie. I'm at work right now.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4ede6bb&type=1

sorry for the facebook link...its a public link :-)
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-02-2011, 05:34 PM
This was something that caught me as well, when I first started playing a couple of weeks ago... however...

Scroll down in the skill window
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-02-2011, 05:38 PM
The same thing happened to me, you will see a lot more options when you scroll down
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Yes, as the others said, you're going to want to scroll down. There are a lot more skills you haven't even seen yet.

And helpful tip: You don't really want to max out the first column skills. 7 points in each is really enough. This will help conserve points for more important skills later on. And you're going to want to learn to discern which skills will be useful for you and ignore the ones that aren't. For instance, if you are playing an Engineering captain the Strategic and Tactical Team skills really aren't of much use to you, but you're going to want to skill up Engineering Team as much as you can.

Don't worry about misspending skill points though. You get a free respec for every rank up. So, when you hit Lt Commander you will get to modify your point placement. Just go to the Skill Trainer at the central area of Earth Space Dock to use your respec.

Good luck and see you among the stars.

Lt. Commander
# 5
08-02-2011, 06:05 PM
are those boxes used for space. ground or both? I am going full tactical in my builds as I learn about the game. Also with these skill boxes, do they come with skills that i should be putting in my tray to be activated or are all of these skills passive?
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engraverwilliam View Post
are those boxes used for space. ground or both? I am going full tactical in my builds as I learn about the game. Also with these skill boxes, do they come with skills that i should be putting in my tray to be activated or are all of these skills passive?
They're a mix of Space and Ground skills. Points you place in these skills improve your skill level with the abilities that you place in your trays (including Bridge Officer and Kit abilities) but do not grant the skills directly. Some abilities you get automatically as you level up, such as Evasive Maneuvers. Others you have to use specific Kits to gain access to.