Lt. Commander
I just did this mission on the Foundry. At first I thought, "This will probably be a silly mission." That was not the case though. I was completley blown away. So far this mission had the best (and inventive) use of maps that I have seen so far. Kudo's to Dixonium, I look forward to playing through many more of his missions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-03-2011, 09:09 PM
I heard the review for it on PodcastUGC. They were really impressed by the mission.

I believe it was a spotlight mission for the month of June as well on their website StarbaseUGC.

I'll be giving this gem a run-through soon. There are a lot of great missions out there like this!
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-03-2011, 09:16 PM
I was espically impressed by the "ships" in the bloodstream map. Very organic looking.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Was curious and played it just now. It was very creative with the biological feel. But it was just too wordy for my tastes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlordskull View Post
I heard the review for it on PodcastUGC. They were really impressed by the mission.

I believe it was a spotlight mission for the month of June as well on their website StarbaseUGC.

I'll be giving this gem a run-through soon. There are a lot of great missions out there like this!
Gonna have to try that one out...

I recommend "Not Always A Good Day, Part 1". Played that the other night, and now I'm left upset that the second part isn't out yet. There's zero combat in it, but it feels more like Star Trek than even a lot of the stuff Cryptic has done. Did bump into one invisible wall that I had to find my way round, but otherwise, well... it was fantastic and what any non-combat mission should be. Yet to play anything else in STO that captured the exploration aspect of Star Trek so admirably.

I'm busy workin' on my first mission right now. Have the story laid out (and it's a relatively awesome one for what it is, if I may say so myself )... but also learning how to actually use the Foundry still, so it's slow going while I work out how get everything to work proper... and a lot of praying that parts of it flow proper and don't accidentally leave people wandering aimlessly, hehe. Still, it may not be the fanciest use of the Foundry, but... good story, at least in my head. I'm a writer, that's the part I care about.

But totally going to try this mission out: always looking for inspiration as to what does and doesn't work, and just to see creative minds at work.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-04-2011, 01:31 AM
Okay, finished running it... pretty nifty mission. Half expected Zoidberg to ride up on a sperm cell saying "You'll never guess where I"ve been!"

Honestly, I like some of the chattiness in it... a lot of the dialogue is optional, but it adds a lot of depth to the little world of the mission, and anyone with a good appreciation of writing should enjoy that. If your goal is just to PEW PEW PEW as often as possible, then well... you can do plenty of that even without the Foundry. As a mission, and a story though.. found this one a bit silly, but mostly enjoyable. I'd most certainly recommend it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-04-2011, 01:35 AM
this is a good missions and bonus points for the awesome originality of it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-04-2011, 02:22 AM
just played it and WOW... that is truly a nice one.
i recommend playing this one with a SCI char (for obvious roleplay reasons).

PS: i've seen this movie!

PPS: i even got 2 accolades... out of it... ^^
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-04-2011, 03:45 AM
There are a lot of awesome missions out on the foundry, including this one. The Foundry has some incredibly talented writers and is probably one of the best parts of STO.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilder View Post
There are a lot of awesome missions out on the foundry, including this one. The Foundry has some incredibly talented writers and is probably one of the best parts of STO.
Agreed. I came back to STO to check out Season 4 and was a bit irritated that all it ended up really being was an option for FPS Mode, which I don't even usethat anyway. I've played a few missions already, all have been great so far and might just keep me subbed until the new featured series gets here.