Lt. Commander
Is anyone else having this problem: the animations for costume NPCs in dialogue boxes doesn't reflect the mood I selected. Instead it shows them with whatever idle animation I have selected for them. In addition to losing the ability to set their mood to accompany the text, some of the animations don't work very well within the dialogue box, and the NPC will constantly turn in such a way that only part of them remains inside the box, which looks kind of strange.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Is anyone else having this problem: the animations for costume NPCs in dialogue boxes doesn't reflect the mood I selected. Instead it shows them with whatever idle animation I have selected for them. In addition to losing the ability to set their mood to accompany the text, some of the animations don't work very well within the dialogue box, and the NPC will constantly turn in such a way that only part of them remains inside the box, which looks kind of strange.
Yep, I've noticed this both in the Foundry editor when testing, and in my recently republished mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-05-2011, 09:28 PM
This is not just in foundry missions, it's in virtually every dialog popup in the game, e.g. if you fly through sector space and a boff pops up to say "Do you want to enter Sirius Sector Block"? - they aren't doing the standard "look at the player" animation - they do their default idle stance - it's most noticeable when your boff is doing Relaxed pose, because half their face goes off the screen.

I noticed this back on tribble ages ago and it made it to live:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=225824

Maybe if you post in there and bug ticket it, then it will get fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
I noticed this back on tribble ages ago and it made it to live:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=225824

Maybe if you post in there and bug ticket it, then it will get fixed.
I have to say that I find Cryptic's apparent lack of any care to address bugs to be really irritating. I've reported many bugs that months later remain unfixed. Problems are pointed out when things are on Tribble and they are ignored and never fixed. It's very frustrating, and has turned me off on the game to some extent.

I'll try posting and bug reporting but I'm not optimistic about it being fixed any time soon.