Lt. Commander
# 1 Multiple Maps
08-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Hey guys,

I'm still fairly new to the foundry. Mucking around with it and just generally enjoying the experiance of being able to create my own trek missions.

One thing I am struggling with is the fact I cannot do a Ground & Space mission mixed in to one.

For example on the my current mission I have us start in space. Do a bit of scanning, some dialog then we beam to a space station. Now if I play each map individually it works fine however if I try and play the entire mission through. It skips straight to the point where you have to beam over to the ground element of the mission. Once you do that, it prompts you straight away to beam out. From that point it starts looping.

I am at a total loss as to what is causing it. From what I can tell everything looks to be setup OK. Has any one had this problem before?

PS - I have not followed any kind of tutorial for the foundry. I prefer to learn by doing so if it is a common mistake for rookies please accept my apologies.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-07-2011, 09:29 AM
looks like u have a problem with ur map transfers on teh mission, When u set it up in each thing you do each interact for the space part, then "CHange Map" Window in the story editor thingy. Once ur done with the space mission objectives, put the first objectiev of ground part, (Not dialoug) ad the Change map thing will appear in the foundry objective editor. Ok? It sounds confusing but its not, do everything in teh order u want, when u wanna change maps just put the first interact of that map next in the mission tree, Easyer done then said.
EDIT; I read it again.... Do NOT reuse maps! If u reuse a map u get a looping probolem
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-08-2011, 07:59 AM
My question, how are you trying to play the whole mission through? It was my experience once upon a time that you have to have the first objective highlighted in the mission section when you click play mission in order to start at the beginning and move forward. Course for a long while most of my testing has been from a certain place(usually a map) paying forward.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-10-2011, 07:04 AM
It may have been updated.

The way I play the mission through totally is to go in to the story board section then top right it says 'Play Mission'.

Be aware that it will literally do it from your desired start ion location. For example if you have the mission start in a certain sector block you will start in that sector block.

If you want to play individual sections you need to go to the maps section and select which map you want to play with.

Oh on a side note. My problem was resolved. Thanks.