Lt. Commander
# 1 Feedback from KDF newbie
08-12-2011, 08:25 AM
From the perspective of a new KDF player (previously played as Federation), may I suggest that the KDF home starbase (First City) to give more naming instructions to which section of First City you are at?

For example, again from a new KDF player's perspective:

Quest: Speak with B'Elotia the Sparring Master in the Warrior's Hall.

1) So where is the Warrior's Hall?
***Please, add the English name for the room into the Room Signs on top of each chamber's entrance!
Currently it is only in Klingon language, but I don't read Klingon!
(Suggest treat it like the signposts--first sight the Room Signs are in Klingon, then change to English).

I ran around First City, there were very few signs pointing which room is in which direction.
When I do find the occasional Signpost saying the "Challenge Room" is this way and the "Exchange" is that way... but I could not find the Warrior's Hall !

Moreover, I could not tell which room was the Warrior's Hall from the Map, there was no Index of all rooms for me to examine.

2) I pressed "M" to access the Map of First City, pointed my cursor over each and every NPC to check its name on Map, but could not find B'Elotia?

Don't get me wrong, the Federation Starbase at Sol had very clear signs saying which rooms are in which direction, and I'm frankly surprised that the Klingon Starbase (First City) had such poor signs/directions...

Please note that I've been around since Open Beta STO, and I've seen several iterations of the KDF First City, this current format is already an improvement (at least there are signposts now!!), but still need work from a KDF newbie's perspective.

I mean, if I can't find Warrior's Hall to speak with B'Elotia, how can I continue playing as KDF?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-12-2011, 08:30 AM
1)English name pops up when you approach the signs (or when you mouse over them...I forget ATM).
2)To my knowledge, you should pop right IN the Warrior's Hall...she should be right there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Dont worry you're not the only one with this problem. Tickets have been raised, forum topics have been made but still no luck. From the responses I have had so far on my tickets the devs/ticket people dont actually know what the issue is at all!
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-12-2011, 08:59 AM
The signs do change when you get close - for me it is very close before it happens.

When looking for where to go next on the orienteering missions that show you around, look for the circle on your mini-map.

Has someone published a map, yet? My mini-map is pretty dark, and not really very helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
Has someone published a map, yet? My mini-map is pretty dark, and not really very helpful.
Try this one from STOWiki: http://www.stowiki.org/File:First_City_map.png
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Many thanks for everyone's quick and helpful replies!
The link to StarTrekOnline Wiki is especially appreciated!

1. I see from StarTrekOnline Wiki that:

~The Warrior's Hall is a separate area, so how do I get there?
Do I use the transporter to get there? Or do I use an elevator (where?)? Staircase?

(No wonder I could not find the Warrior's Hall !)