Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Problems with Space PVP forum
08-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Problems with space pvp:

#1. Tactical Team: Change it to where there is an incentive to use tactical team 2 and 3. Make to where the distribution is low at 1, 2 at medium and 3 at high. Tactical 1 is currently like engineering team 3. The use of making everyone into tank is stupid and lazy.

#2. Sci Powers: SNB needs to have it when you are being sub nuke spammed there is a resistance chance. For example first sub nuke 50% to resist to the next sub nuke for 10 seconds. This seriously counter the constant problems of sci powers being the dominant in pvp espescailly 5 man scienece premades. Science Fleet lower the damage reduction effects because it's pretty much a RSF on the whole team. Say 10% to 20% At the moment sci is the dominant career to play at has been this way since beta.

#3. Exploits. Why hasn't the shield bug still been fixed? Even since this patch came out I have submitted screenshots with data pertaining to this issue and it STILL NOT HAS BEEN ADDRESSED. Do you guys really read the bug reports or are you not getting them? What is going on? Seriously....

#4. Engineering Powers: Engineering Fleet is the worst power besides abandon ship in the game right now. Change to where it is on par with tactical fleet and science fleet with the proposed nerf.

#5. Beam weapon mechanics: Beam weapons as of right now shoot many shots that normally do no damage. Change to where beam weapons rely on much slower recharge speeds but have more of a punch. This would help with cruisers and beam users try to make some use with non tactical based careers such as engineering captains and science captains. It will also benifit tactical captains as well and make to where it will more cannon to the star trek saga. Ever seen a galaxy class fire 6 beams at the same time doing no damage? I think not on both parts.

#6. Shield systems: One problem I've noticed is at no one uses the resilient shield or standard shield array system. Both of these shield system needs to be buffed because they offer no current incentive to use. The top three shields are the Covariant shield cap 3, aegis shield and the borg regen shield. These are in order.


Feel free to add anything else onto the list.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Most of the things you listed have been said many times on here, and of course nothing is done about it. The biggest two are definitely:

Tactical Team - the worst concept introduced in the game. Its essentially RSP that can be handed out to teammates as well. It makes players lazy - simply pop a tact team and keep doing what youre doing. The whole shield distribution thing needs to be removed completely.

Science Fleet - Should be no more than 10%. It's invincibility for the entire team, horrible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Science Fleet - Should be no more than 10%. It's invincibility for the entire team, horrible.
What is really funny about the sci fleet thing.... is they did a Shield resist reduction pass.... and left sci fleet alone. LOL
They just plain forgot about it. hahahaha
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Most of the things you listed have been said many times on here, and of course nothing is done about it. The biggest two are definitely:

Tactical Team - the worst concept introduced in the game. Its essentially RSP that can be handed out to teammates as well. It makes players lazy - simply pop a tact team and keep doing what youre doing. The whole shield distribution thing needs to be removed completely.

Science Fleet - Should be no more than 10%. It's invincibility for the entire team, horrible.
err... yah.. because cruisers can otherwise rotate shield power into arcs of attack. oh wait they cant.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Uhh what? You can distribute shields to any facing. Tact team does it for you, and a whole lot better as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Uhh what? You can distribute shields to any facing. Tact team does it for you, and a whole lot better as well.
too bad that the normal transfer rate is inadequate considering the amount of dps ts supposed to counter act.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
too bad that the normal transfer rate is inadequate considering the amount of dps ts supposed to counter act.
It's not stated anywhere, to my knowledge, that the standard shield redistribution that all players can use is supposed to be able to counter significant amounts of incoming damage; I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at here....

-----

As for the OP, much of what you've stated has been discussed or is being discussed in other threads currently. Some things (like the exploits) should be fixed ASAP, and should have been done a while ago but given the state of things I'll give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt and assumed that they just missed it.

I think that things like Tac Team have their pluses and minuses; they are a huge boost to the survivability of escorts and raptors, but they also contribute to making zombie cruisers and whatnot.

Perhaps the answer is to tie in the effectiveness of the Team skills to the ships that they are being used on. Meaning that an Escort/Raptor would be able to use Tac Team like it is now, but if it was a Cruiser or a Science ship then it would be less effective; the same for engineering and science team on different ships. Would need to think about it further, but I think that the concept would work...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Most of the things you listed have been said many times on here, and of course nothing is done about it. The biggest two are definitely:

Tactical Team - the worst concept introduced in the game. Its essentially RSP that can be handed out to teammates as well. It makes players lazy - simply pop a tact team and keep doing what youre doing. The whole shield distribution thing needs to be removed completely.

Science Fleet - Should be no more than 10%. It's invincibility for the entire team, horrible.
Actually TT's ability isn't the worst, its a good idea. It's just Cryptic making it TOO good, and at the same time not making room for improvement with TT2 or TT3. In fact, outside of Abandon ship, I doubt anyone even bothered to use these two abilities.


Just make TT1 equivalent to auto-distribution, TT2 %50 current capability and TT3 equal to the current TT1's Shield Distribution.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post

Just make TT1 equivalent to auto-distribution, TT2 %50 current capability and TT3 equal to the current TT1's Shield Distribution.
Hmm if they dont remove the auto distribute, i think this is an excellent idea. So instead of hitting (going by default settings) right arrow to distribute shields to your right shield facing, it will do it automatically. However, the effect will not be any more than it would be when hitting "right arrow" shield facing.

I dont think the higher tiers should do it anything like it currently is though. Right now its Reverse Shield Polarity

Im going to post that suggestion in the other topic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Hmm if they dont remove the auto distribute, i think this is an excellent idea. So instead of hitting (going by default settings) right arrow to distribute shields to your right shield facing, it will do it automatically. However, the effect will not be any more than it would be when hitting "right arrow" shield facing.

I dont think the higher tiers should do it anything like it currently is though. Right now its Reverse Shield Polarity

Im going to post that suggestion in the other topic.
It'd have to be REAL awsome to stand a chance to steal a slot from powers like HYT3, BOL3, TargetSubsystem3, APO1 and CRF2! Right now, TT doesn't even come close to being useful compared to the other T2 and T3 abilities. OK, so TT1 may be better than the other junk you can use in T1 slots, but the higher versions are already worthless! :p
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:13 AM.