Lt. Commander
# 1 SmackTalk Chat Channel
08-14-2011, 02:11 AM
Thinking we should make a chat channel for all the smack talk to keep the OPvP channel for more objective purposes. Would be a fun idea, no?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-14-2011, 02:53 AM
This game already has smack talk channel, its called QEW teamspeak server

I also like to use zone chat and the OPVP channel and private messages, im not going to join some special channel just to exercise my freedoms of speech. Nice idea though.

Oh and for the haters that gonna hate because they can't take the heat. Right click, ignore player = Problem solved, or better yet leave the profanity filter on the default setting, so those harsh words don't make you wet your diaper.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-14-2011, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipermist
This game already has smack talk channel, its called QEW teamspeak server

I also like to use zone chat and the OPVP channel and private messages, im not going to join some special channel just to exercise my freedoms of speech. Nice idea though.

Oh and for the haters that gonna hate because they can't take the heat. Right click, ignore player = Problem solved, or better yet leave the profanity filter on the default setting, so those harsh words don't make you wet your diaper.
I <3 QEW Even when they shoot me!... Or worse, jump on my head!
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-14-2011, 06:42 AM
The problem is that people seem to feel that it isn't their responsibility to control how much of what they read. They pray for the ban hammer or report others rather than using the tools at their own hands (or between their ears). Everyone is too overly sensitive and expects someone else to save their virgin ears (or eyes as it were). We have to accept that we can't control everyone else but we can control ourselves.

Don't like reading a specific topic? Tired of listening to some punk talking trash? Stop.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Well i was hoping it would be more of a place for witty banter. Not exactly a channel full of hate. And the spectators would know where to go if they want to see a good show :-P. I should have worded it differently. My blunder
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffargue
Well i was hoping it would be more of a place for witty banter. Not exactly a channel full of hate. And the spectators would know where to go if they want to see a good show :-P. I should have worded it differently. My blunder
So pretty much the OPvP then?

I know people scream for bans and mutes in there due to offensive language, but I honestly dont get it. You have to actively turn OFF the swear filter to see it, and even then if its too offensive, you can just ignore people so you dont have to put up with it any longer. Some people just need to learn this is the internet and not real life, people talk and act differently.