Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Eps
08-14-2011, 10:07 AM
im running a MVAM prom . just wondering weather people use EPS anymore. i remember when an escort had to have them to keep up the firepower.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geom View Post
im running a MVAM prom . just wondering weather people use EPS anymore. i remember when an escort had to have them to keep up the firepower.
It doesn't work as it used to. Energy Drain is from weapon power is "refunded" when the weapons firing cycle ends. This makes EPS FLow Regulators less important for damage overall.

I still find them useful to recover from Full Impulse, Beam Overloads and power switching.

If you intend to use Beam Overload, you should definitely try it out. If you rely more on DHCs and Torps, you can probably go without them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-14-2011, 10:37 AM
i use a mix of dual beam banks with beam overload and DHC with rapid fire so maybe i should leave it in then. its just tempting to replace it with something that will help my survivability or something
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geom View Post
i use a mix of dual beam banks with beam overload and DHC with rapid fire so maybe i should leave it in then. its just tempting to replace it with something that will help my survivability or something
Try it out. You should definitely devote one console for the +35 % shield capacity boost, though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-14-2011, 11:08 AM
I never leave ESD without my EPS console. Of course, I do have to respawn a lot...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It doesn't work as it used to. Energy Drain is from weapon power is "refunded" when the weapons firing cycle ends. This makes EPS FLow Regulators less important for damage overall.

I still find them useful to recover from Full Impulse, Beam Overloads and power switching.

If you intend to use Beam Overload, you should definitely try it out. If you rely more on DHCs and Torps, you can probably go without them.
I agree herw with Mustrum. In fact ive made a post a while a go that at least for your normal sustained weaponfiring (without abilities) the difference is negligable.

But then again it can be useful for the other aspects mustrum is refering to.

Cheers
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Actually, an EPS flow regulator does help with your survivability because you can hit full power to engines, then hit evasive maneuvers. Or you can hit full power to shields, and that power will transfer a lot faster.

But to answer your question, yes, an EPS flow regulator is essential for an escort. As for you other console, a lot of people say that +35 to shields is a must have. I don't think so, I took that out and put a Nutronium alloy in it's place, and am a lot happier.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-14-2011, 02:15 PM
same as me them, cheers guys
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-24-2011, 06:22 AM
As somewhat being pointed out - EPS console is highly play-style dependent now, rather than the "must have" console it used to be.

Hit and Run Escort - I do not know if I would call it a "must-have" but it is very very close. You are going to be switching from weps to run and occasionally to shield (refill your shields) quite a bit.

Orbiting Tank Cruiser Build - Better to use the defensive console - pick either a defense hull console, or the 35% shield one. I have also used the +7 shield power and was happy with it. If you are an engy, you will have to tweak some power settings, so you can have a settings for when you have your Capt EPS power skill up, and when you do not. Otherwise, you will be wasting quite a bit of power.

Sci Ships - I am considering this for my up and coming Sci ship build, as I find I am changing from weps to a modified balance setting quite a bit.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:13 AM.