Lt. Commander
# 1 dialog word limit
08-15-2011, 11:21 AM
This is probably a case of "If you have to ask... you're doing it wrong.", but...

Does anyone know if there's a word limit as to how much dialog can be added to map or a foundry mission overall?

If so, what's the number?

Just wondering.. no reason in particular.. no reason at all
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure_big_mad_boat_man
This is probably a case of "If you have to ask... you're doing it wrong.", but...

Does anyone know if there's a word limit as to how much dialog can be added to map or a foundry mission overall?

If so, what's the number?

Just wondering.. no reason in particular.. no reason at all
Haven't heard of any personally.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-15-2011, 02:52 PM
There is a limit in a single dialog box, but you can just add another dialog box. As to a limit on the number of dialog boxes or total characters, I have yet to reach it myself, and I'm sure I use more words than the vast majority of Foundry missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
There is a limit in a single dialog box, but you can just add another dialog box. As to a limit on the number of dialog boxes or total characters, I have yet to reach it myself, and I'm sure I use more words than the vast majority of Foundry missions.
ah that's good to know. On top of all the other issues wi the foundry i was concerned i was going to finish my mission only to get some popup saying, "too much dialog on map" or "too much dialog on storyboard" etc

so.. if the editor would just kindly come back online in a serviceable condition, i could get on wi the bloody thing...