Lt. Commander
I have hit VA and am slowly working my way through STF's and getting a feel for the end game play.

Ive got a full deck 4 fore, 4 aft Badge Epic Phaser banks,

the Ageis set for gear.

Im interested in builds focusing around PVE Damage and overall battlefield superiority vs anything I come up against. (Note, I dont care for pvp so take that into consideration)

Would anyone be willing to share their builds/ Best Officer skills/lineups?

Here is my current build/BO's

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=Scharnhorst_0

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Well, the KEY that I've learned for being a good engineer is being able to stay alive. I was helped with a fleetmate. Albiet everyone's build is different. Aside from the link of info what BOFF skills are you using? EPS 1 & 2, EPE 1, Engi teams 1 & 2 are a must for any engie capt.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Since Cruisers aren't really designed for high DPS, I can only offer these general tips.

1) Emergency Power to Weapons is your friend.
2) Keep many Weapons Batteries on hand.
3) Put all your skill points into one type of beam weapon (unless you have points to spare)
4) Beam Overload II
5) Fire at Will I
6) If you've got a beam boat (which it looks like you do) use your tactical console slots for Phaser Relays(if you use all phasers) or Directed Energy Distribution Manifolds if you use a mix.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-15-2011, 04:21 PM
i like to use beam overload II and High Yield Torpedo III

Blow down the shields and drop some quantum/transhpasic torpedos into the exposed hull
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-15-2011, 05:23 PM
THY3 isn't usable on an Exp. Retro. Only has a LT Tac BO slot.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Switch to an Assault Cruiser; it's far better suited for DPS than the Gal-R thanks to it's 3rd Tactical Console.

Easy way to roll through PvE in a Cruiser: 8 Beams, 2 copies of EPtW (you can run 2 copies of EPtS as well for 100% uptime on both), at least 1 EPS console, Attack Pattern Beta 1 and FAW 1.