Lt. Commander
# 1 Keeping the STOBoat afloat
08-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Recently, dstahl wrote the following:

"STO needs to continually add new items to the C-Store to stay on track financially."

I would respectfully argue:

"STO needs to continually (and rapidly) add new content to the game (thus ensuring new and renewed subscriptions) to stay on track financially."

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-19-2011, 02:36 PM
....deleted in advanced to prevent any undue misunderstandings and or moderation..
Lt. Commander
# 3 keeping the STOboat afloat
08-19-2011, 02:46 PM
I TOTALLY AGREE!I have been waiting on INTO THE HIVE for ages now and on every engineering report tle last year it was mentioned as worked on or under discussion etc.etc.
Look the FE are nice but what do i need new items for if there aint any other new content where i can use them?i dont buy stuff from the c store other then some character slots and some bank and invent slots,just to create more room to get more stuff that i dont use.I say MORE ENDGAME MATERIAL THAT TAKES THIS GAME BACK TO THE CHALLENGE IT ONCE WAS.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-21-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm a huge Star Trek fan, but it's getting rediculous all the pay-to-win mess that goes in to the c-store now. I can understand costumes, bridge packs, ships and items that have an in-game method of obtaining, but it's now getting out of hand. Cryptic is beginning to show that they don't care for balance or quality as they just keep slinging without regard to either. Releasing items for one faction with no equal counter-part to other factions would not fly in any quality game, and it shouldn't here. If you intend to "eventually" balance things out, you shouldn't release the content until you have the other side ready as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Cryptic made a choice to sacrifice subscription numbers for C-store revenue. It's made the game worse for everyone, and now it seems like it's hitting them where it hurts.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Cryptic made a choice to sacrifice subscription numbers for C-store revenue. It's made the game worse for everyone, and now it seems like it's hitting them where it hurts.
Exactly.

Their fault.

Last game I played went under for such tactics.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-20-2011, 09:53 AM
It blows my mind that otherwise intelligent people can't see why the RI (and the x.5 concept if this is any indication) is over powered for it's tier. All the inspiring straight talk in the world can't undo that flash of brilliance...
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Also, I'm in no way suggesting that the transition from Atari to PWE was and is not fraught with difficulty, frustration, and problems for Dan and the rest of the Cryptic team. I empathize, believe me! What I take issue with is the apparent new direction for the C-Store. The C-Store was sold to us as a place to buy cosmetic changes. (See interview at http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...omplaints.html ) Now, it appears that game-balance-altering items will be appearing in the C-Store. Even with (excessively onerous, IMHO) in-game methods to obtain these items eventually showing up, it boils down to "he who pays, wins".

As I've mentioned, I'll keep buying uniforms, etc. that appeal to me. Keep the C-Store "cosmetic changes" only.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
I would have to agree with this.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Storm, all I know is this.....there are people that have genuine grievences, and when people get outright dismissed by the powers that bein a manner that can even be viewed as condescending ....than tends to provoke people. But who moderates the powers that be? And I'll leave it at that.