This mission just went on so I still need five reviews to make the game go into the main mission database.
It's a 16+ level.
Worf contacts you to join a cult that has been growing within Qo'noS. Once inside you then have to find the leader and destroy it all.
Balanced combat and story. No long dialogue sections and always an option for the quick player to get straight to the main objective.
In terms of reviews, I would love people to give me suggestions and ideas to improve the mission.
Thanks in advance!
Klingon Mission - Order of Hov'lw
ST - HM773X422
Summary: The concept was good and your writing was well done. I didn’t find any spelling errors. The Map Text vs. Mission Tasks commentary below refers to the use of the same description being used for the initial Mission Task of a map and the Map Text which is usually used to describe the overall purpose of the map. For example, “Destroy the cult” or “Find the truth” something like that. This is a personal preference but I thought I would bring it up.
Overall I really liked the mission. It was a short story with some good fighting in it. I would recommend it to others. Oh one more thing. I really appreciated how you used map entry points in the First City. It seems the Transporter Console is another that is very popular. Thanks for changing it up a bit.
Mission Description: Good description.
Grant Mission Dialog: Good dialog with a straight forward location to start.
Mission Task: Good task describing who to talk to. Make sure you always provide a location if, unlike Worf, it is not a known location or is not displayed on the mini-map.
Worf: Perhaps change the start of the dialog to read "The cult" versus "A cult".
Sick person: Good dialog, well written.
Mission Entry Prompt: Good dialog and button.
MAPS: Hov'lw Training Grounds: Map text vs. Mission Task
- Well written and I love the yellow gas and flame effect.
- I don't think you can do anything about the "Talk" to dead characters button, but after each is "talked" to you should be able to make them disappear. If you make them part of the story then once the player has talked to them the "Talk" prompt will go away.
Qo'noS: Map Text vs. Mission Task.
- Good use of an older map.
- The fight is a little too heavy. I had to re-spawn some 15 times to finish this. If the player getting killed 15 times or more was the intention of the battle then don’t change anything. Otherwise I’d look into it. I did try to call for reinforcements when offered but they did not spawn. That might have been because I got killed right about then. The button never came back.
Qo’noS Space: Map Text vs. Mission Task.
- The setup was good and the fight was pretty well balanced.
Good job! Thanks for authoring the mission and keep up the good work.