Lt. Commander
While I appreciate the Foundry and the ability to make missions, there are a fair number of things I would love to see added to it.

1. Give us the ability to build our own custom interior maps, or give us the ability to truly edit the stock ones - move and reskin objects, make objects interactive, add or delete rooms, etc.

2. Anything available in the C-Store should be available in the Foundry.

3. Sharper zoom-in for more precise object placing on ground and interior maps.

4. If #1 is not an option, give us many, many more interior maps. In particular, I'd like several bare-bones ship maps of everything from shuttles to battleships, with different skins.

5. A way to include choices - do option "A" and you open up one quest chain. Do option "B" and you get other, different options.

6. A "map preview" option that lets you view a map template completely and in detail so you don't have to go through the Create Map, Play Map process when you're trying to find what you're looking for.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but those are what come to mind at the moment. Any and all constructive commentary is welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomspark View Post
While I appreciate the Foundry and the ability to make missions, there are a fair number of things I would love to see added to it.

1. Give us the ability to build our own custom interior maps, or give us the ability to truly edit the stock ones - move and reskin objects, make objects interactive, add or delete rooms, etc.

2. Anything available in the C-Store should be available in the Foundry.

3. Sharper zoom-in for more precise object placing on ground and interior maps.

4. If #1 is not an option, give us many, many more interior maps. In particular, I'd like several bare-bones ship maps of everything from shuttles to battleships, with different skins.

5. A way to include choices - do option "A" and you open up one quest chain. Do option "B" and you get other, different options.

6. A "map preview" option that lets you view a map template completely and in detail so you don't have to go through the Create Map, Play Map process when you're trying to find what you're looking for.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but those are what come to mind at the moment. Any and all constructive commentary is welcome.
Like this list. To me these things should have been in the foundry to begin with ( especially #2)
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-25-2011, 06:13 AM
1. Is in for Neverwinter.... it should eventually come to STO though probably during Season 5

2. Hopefully that most of the bugs have been fixed Zero and others can address the lack of C-Store items as TOS Bridge and costumes.

3. You can use precise placement by entering numbers into theZX and Y fields but it does need to be checked in a map preview to verify placement.

4. I would love more TOS era sets... but I suppose that will come eventually anyway.

5. You can mimic this out of the story tab with the use of triggers. See the various trigger tutorials on StarbaseUGC but objective branching is something that is still a long way off but will probably come eventually.

6. Actually I hadn't thought about this before but I can see the benefit of this.... probably will come some time signficantly down the track.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-25-2011, 12:35 PM
More informative tool tips, like the ones in CoH's AE system. Not only do they give you a decent idea of what something does, but gives an actual in-game example of what that object does. Every time I get inspired to create a mission, I open up the mission creation screen and then have a mixed reaction of and , eventually culminating in .

And now actually feel a bit cause I know...."plenty of others have figured it out."
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-27-2011, 11:37 PM
My 2 credits...

Stand-alone, offline mode for Foundry. I don't see why, exactly, I should have to be logged in to the game just to write stuff with the Foundry. Yes, I understand it downloads a lot of things on the fly. Personally, though, I'd rather just download all that cache stuff in one lump, save it, and be able to fire up the Foundry at will. I'll log in when I'm ready to publish.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Add to my list:

7. Axe the 8 mission limit.

8. Don't make me log in every time I switch from the Foundry to Regular Play and back.

9. Map transitions that are independent of mission objectives.

10. Morbid though it may be, I'd like to have a variety of DEAD Idle Animations for NPCs. That way I could sprinkle a derelict ship with corpses.