This is my first post, so I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section or the question has already been addressed. Anyways, on to the request:
I've noticed that the game has a very extensive list of things you can customize, but what always irked me is the fact that I can't choose to have the modern effects and etc from the 2009 star trek movie, and I'd like to have an option to use them even if I had to buy them from the C-Store.
I'm looking for things like:
1. The more instant warp effect with the really bass-y sound effects.
2. The more projectile based sleek phaser weapons with the really awesome sounds included.
3. The constitution class seen in the movie, along with the armaments, namely with the huge almost wind-blade like nacelles, more machine-gun-like phaser banks, and the bass-y blue torpedos.
4. Maybe the bridge style of the movie's constitution class, with the modern and sleek interior.
5. The various uniforms seen in the movie.
Plus on an unrelated note, more hair and beard styles would also be really great.
No thanks, really, no thanks. I like the Constituion class in her non-hot rod glory, no annoying lens flare, no tacky booms that indicate going to warp with a lot of spray as a result, no toothpaste advert bridge and basically no reboot angle at all.
Much prefer the prime time line than the impatient generation time line.
Th JJ-Verse has no soul, leave that crap in it's own timeline well away from my prime
and yet, the alternate reality/universe/whatever Galaxy-X is in STO, despite the fact it shouldn't
if the majority want it, and Paramount/CBS ever come to a deal, they'll put them in-game (they said fun trumps canon if it ever came down to either )
I have a feeling that once the next two movies that JJ has been contracted to do are done and out, STO will be given permission to use such things. How that would happen though, I do not know, since the JJ movies are in a totally different Timeline AND an Alternate Reality. We do have Mirror Universe things and the Alternate "All Good Things" ship and uniforms though, so anything is possible.