Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
As those abilities that are and were put into the game seem to me as they are more and more of the same stuff – e.g. spawning NPCs, messing with sensors – I wonder if I am the only one who thought about other abilities that could advance the gameplay.

Here is what I came up with:

1.) Displacement abilities that really allow for manipulating starships positions
a. Real Tractoring: Drawing/towing Ships across the map (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File...rcha_class.jpg), success based on engine energy
b. Gomtuu-like Shockwave (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:GomtuuDefense.jpg), which blasts balls of ships 10km apart.
2.) Artillery: Projectile covering more than 10km, like the Tricobalts of the Raptor/Steamrunner from ST:Armada. Should not follow a target but projectile should fly to the coordinate where the target was when launched
3.) “Capturing” an opponent’s skill: E.g. Projectile to be fired on an enemy that puts a random ability of him into CD and adds it (projectile button gets changed)to your quick launch bar
4.) Synching abilities with your teammates: E.g. special activation bar position that gives teammates access to it
5.) Strategic overview ability that puts information about the opposing team much like the info about the own team close to these – this would give a team leader the ability to choose targets.
6.) A very strong beam weapon that has to be activated by several team members to fire, like http://www.sttff.net/images/TFF074c.jpg
7.) Flying in formation: Activate on your teammate to fly parallel and stick to his targets

So what do you think and what kind of abilities could be interesting especially for PVP?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchland View Post
4.) Synching abilities with your teammates: E.g. special activation bar position that gives teammates access to it
I think this has the most potential. Especially if doing things like coordinating targetting and fire patterns. Like perhaps 4 ships route power to one ship that gives it massive power increases to weapons at the cost of their power reserves and maybe causes sub system failures to the ship that got the boost.

Or an ability that puts a small group of 3 ships under a single shield envelope when they remain within 5km of one another. Increasing overall shields to the group by 80% each additional ship that's added. And if the shield is breached all ships receive an equal amount of damage. Healing remains seperate.

Mask energy signature that encompasses a small fleet would be cool but only as a LT commander and above ability.

Boarding party that can get beamed to a ship with a hole in its shields. But which also requires you to drop your shields for the transport (KA players will appreciate this one)

This is kinda against the spirit of the thread but instead of warp plasma how about a energy field that causes sensor or shield disruption or both. Make it twice the dispersal size of warp plasma and as a balance have it reduce the friendly ships shields by half and the enemy shields to 10% and knock out the enemy sensors completely. Imitate the effects of the mutara nebula. Make this a cruiser only ability.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-07-2011, 05:27 AM
Hmm..

How about some sort of mine with a tractor beam.. To keep people from seeing them until its too late, throw a cloak on them too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Hmm..

How about some sort of mine with a tractor beam.. To keep people from seeing them until its too late, throw a cloak on them too.
Wrong thread, Mel. This is the thread where we try to be really innovative without breaking the game for a change. (I suppose we don't really need to help the devs breaking the game, they manage just fine without us.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Wrong thread, Mel. This is the thread where we try to be really innovative without breaking the game for a change. (I suppose we don't really need to help the devs breaking the game, they manage just fine without us.)
Wrong thread but for a different reason:

To remind you, we already got this cloaky, tractor mine thingy, it is called Tractor Beam Mine Launcher:p

Still thank you for emphasiszing my idea, Munstrum!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donlokiman View Post
Boarding party that can get beamed to a ship with a hole in its shields. But which also requires you to drop your shields for the transport (KA players will appreciate this one)

This is kinda against the spirit of the thread but instead of warp plasma how about a energy field that causes sensor or shield disruption or both. Make it twice the dispersal size of warp plasma and as a balance have it reduce the friendly ships shields by half and the enemy shields to 10% and knock out the enemy sensors completely. Imitate the effects of the mutara nebula. Make this a cruiser only ability.
I like both Ideas - can't see why you think it is against the idea of the thread.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchland View Post
Wrong thread but for a different reason:

To remind you, we already got this cloaky, tractor mine thingy, it is called Tractor Beam Mine Launcher:p
That was the joke behind it, I think. I did the same here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=230526 :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Hmm..

Genius!

And now, how about a torpedo that has secondary explosion after 15 seconds that bypasses shields, does more initial damage than an unbuffed Quantum, only has a 3 second GCD, and can be stacked an unlimited number of times? And just to make it more appealing, lets have it only be buffed with the standard projectile and torpedo skills?
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-07-2011, 12:05 PM
I think this topic should be in the main forum.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlokiman View Post
I think this topic should be in the main forum.
i think you should leave the pvp forums.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Maybe not really innovative, but what about a Picard Maneuver console ? It warps you on the opposite side of your target and let´s your target fire his next volley into space.

Please don´t kill me, I´m too cute to die.