Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
Sure, I wasnít a major fan of the Odyssey class at first, but itís grown on me. So much so in recent weeks that I practically squeeíd over the Venture Class variant when I first saw pictures of it. I really think that THIS is the design that should be the standard for early 25th century Starfleet vessels. Itís just... itís just so awesome! PLEASE tell me that there will be variants like this coming to other ship types, Cryptic! No, wait. Please tell me that other variants like the Venture are already being worked on. I don't care whether or not there's a special console with each one, I'd buy/grind for each one that was made in a heartbeat just for the costume unlocks.

I understand if people not only dislike but openly hate the design with a passion. That's their opinion and they're entitled to it, so long as it doesn't result in flaming. For that I have my "heart of a star" rated flamesuit.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatAnnoyingKitsune
Sure, I wasnít a major fan of the Odyssey class at first, but itís grown on me. So much so in recent weeks that I practically squeeíd over the Venture Class variant when I first saw pictures of it. I really think that THIS is the design that should be the standard for early 25th century Starfleet vessels. Itís just... itís just so awesome! PLEASE tell me that there will be variants like this coming to other ship types, Cryptic! No, wait. Please tell me that other variants like the Venture are already being worked on. I don't care whether or not there's a special console with each one, I'd buy/grind for each one that was made in a heartbeat just for the costume unlocks.

I understand if people not only dislike but openly hate the design with a passion. That's their opinion and they're entitled to it, so long as it doesn't result in flaming. For that I have my "heart of a star" rated flamesuit.
I know how you feel, I wish they would add the final phase refit of the enterprise e as a sovereign class skin into the game. I would be soo cool since they never got to use it in nemesis even the John Eaves the creator made blueprints and in nemesis it was half done but at the end of nemesis we were supposed to see thie new desgin when the enterprise leaves! its a shame really it look great!

http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com...nal-small1.jpg

Bottom version is the sovereign class we see in the first contact and insurrection then you get the first phase or the refit which it what we see in nemesis till the end was supposed to be the final phase

Why not add this in the game DEVS????!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
I know how you feel, I wish they would add the final phase refit of the enterprise e as a sovereign class skin into the game. I would be soo cool since they never got to use it in nemesis even the John Eaves the creator made blueprints and in nemesis it was half done but at the end of nemesis we were supposed to see thie new desgin when the enterprise leaves! its a shame really it look great!

Bottom version is the sovereign class we see in the first contact and insurrection then you get the first phase or the refit which it what we see in nemesis till the end was supposed to be the final phase

I'm not necessarily saying you've gone that far already, but I would strongly advise not letting yourself get confrontational about something if you want anything to be done about it. Things tend to go badly if you do that; just a warning.

I agree though, I'm curious to see the final version of the Sovereign Class in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011

So you want the devs to add a ship that never actually made it into canon, just into some guy's blueprints that were 'supposed' to be introduced into the end of a movie? So if we take your point into account, the sovvy got a refit after nemesis, it's been forty years game time since then so the chances are that the sovvy has been refitted again several times, do we have to add all those versions as well?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the ship would look great but with F2P coming, cryptic are only going to inroduce things that a) CBS sanction and b) make money in the C-Store. If they think it'll sell like hot cakes, I'm sure you'll see it as a C-Store skin.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-12-2011, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshAvenger
So you want the devs to add a ship that never actually made it into canon, just into some guy's blueprints that were 'supposed' to be introduced into the end of a movie? So if we take your point into account, the sovvy got a refit after nemesis, it's been forty years game time since then so the chances are that the sovvy has been refitted again several times, do we have to add all those versions as well?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the ship would look great but with F2P coming, cryptic are only going to inroduce things that a) CBS sanction and b) make money in the C-Store. If they think it'll sell like hot cakes, I'm sure you'll see it as a C-Store skin.
O its Canon my freind.

Proof: Refit - Memory Alpha

According to John Eaves, the Enterprise-E was to have been retrofit at the end of Star Trek Nemesis but due to budgetary reasons and script changes the Enterprise was only seen being repaired in dry dock. "For the end of the film the badly destroyed and damaged E is being rebuilt in space-dock. This is where the opportunity was given to really fix all the lines and flow to match the roots of where the original drawing had left off. Not too often does one gets the chance to rework a beloved piece of art, and I was so happy to get the chance regardless of how minor the changes were."

"The drawings were done and to be seen as the E leaves the space-dock at the end of Nemesis, with what we were hoping to get approval on being the new aztec patterned paint job, that was so prominent with all the preceding variations of the Enterprise. As production went on, it was becoming clear that Nemesis was going to be the last of the TNG movies and thus, the E would fly no more. Very sad thoughts, and I was so hoping to at least to get to see that final version fly off into spaceÖ Budget and script changes kept the E in the bay under repair so all that exists of the big finish only exists on paper as a bunch of plans.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar.../sovereign.htm

At least they should of had the "first phase refit" which we see in nemesis. And yes it is stated in STO timeline that all ships including the enterprise e had another major refit done is 2385. Even lists the changes i think. Plus there is a timetable somewhere on the net which shows you when each ship has the refits done.

Thanks for the warning ThatAnnoyingKitsune and i'll keep my cool.