Lt. Commander
# 1 The Andorian Project
09-12-2011, 01:49 PM
So I've finally got my Klingon up to BG, and got a raptor. I was flying a BOP until now (Tac Captain) but the Raptor looks most like the adorian ship from enterprise. I have it loaded up with Tetryon's and quantums, but wanted to run the build by the pvp community.

(Tetryon)3 DBB's front, 1 Quantum Torpedo Launcher
(Tetryon)3 Turrets back

TacTeam1, APB1, BFAW3, AP03
TacTeam1, BO2, BO3
TorpSpread1
ET1, EPTS2
HE1, TSS2

Right now Breen Engines, Deflector, and Reman shield, Though will be getting the Borg gear and running either the Aegis or Cap3 shield once I get em. I forget at which level you get access to run the borg STFs.

Running for consoles..
EPS, Plasmamanifold, (insert field emitter here)
2x Induction
4x Tetyron Weapons

Thoughts? Right now its a pretty solid build, but I am thinking the turrets in the back are draining too much power from the forward weapons, so I was wondering what I should replace them with?

Thanks!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-12-2011, 02:24 PM
I was such a big tetryon fan. As long as it's for looks and sound appeal Im down. But you know there is an an andorian ship coming. Why is this idea kling side?

Also turrets damage and drain are almost neglegable. Almost. On crf you get nice tics but you are looking for procs from turrets. And tetryon has one weak proc.

Get the Borg set. And any high cap shields.

Never slouch on the rcs for any fighter. It can get fast at times and with dbb's you may not need it. But agility is your strength, max it if you can. And from what I hear the raptor has a weird pivot point.

Gl with your build man.

Have fun kill bad guys.

-horizon
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Yeah, the Tetryon is completely for looks and sound, nothing else. I usually run phasers, disruptors, or antiproton.
Once the adorian ship is here I will probably deck it out on my VA Tac that's Fed side. But until then..
I did it on the klingon side because none of the fed ships had a proper look for an andorian ship. The BG rank raptor looks great with the reman shield on it, even just the body is very similar to the andorian ship.

The 3 turrets don't drain so much eh? Those 3 forward dbb's must have a massive sink on em, my power is idle at 120 and I did down to the 70's when firing.
I didn't consider getting CRF on this ship only for the turrets, it does have to be a beam ship IMO. If I was going to go DHC's I would go back to a BOP and relish in my battlecloak.

It does sound kind of silly, but I want to optimize the build as much as I can while staying true to the idea. Please keep the thoughts rolling in!
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Keep the 3 turrets in the back. Or you could drop 1 turret and replace it with a tricobalt torpedo but it's up to you. You can go either for full borg set + Covariant Shield [Cap] x3 or Aegis Impulse / Shield and Borg Deflector / console. As tac on KDF side I would go for bop.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-12-2011, 02:50 PM
I think I may drop one for a Tricobalt just because I would rather have more power to my forward weapons than less. I like the sound of those combo's for equipment too.

RCS eh Horizon? I may need that for pvp, but right now the Raptor is flying great, we shall see, I am testing it tonight, hopefully I can find a klingon group to pvp with, the pugs are so frustrating

"Focus Fire?"
"Yes, we all shoot the same guy"
"okay"
-then procedes to bum rush and corpse bomb the other team
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangreal View Post
RCS eh Horizon? I may need that for pvp, but right now the Raptor is flying great, we shall see, I am testing it tonight, hopefully I can find a klingon group to pvp with, the pugs are so frustrating
rcs....its advice i give to all fighter pilots. mostly good for those dhc builds, but the fact is that your agility is an amazing asset. fly fast and tight. when i equipped one my damage shot thru the roof, as have others who have tried....some not tho its all about piloting. my main damian flies the defiant. runs eps and rcs. 3/4 borg with aegis. love it.

i havnt flown the raptor but i hear its the defiant layout, or closest to it...

edit: also, carefull mixing aesthetics with mechanics.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Dual Heavy Cannons are usually the way to go. But if you really like beams, drop BO2. BO3 and BFAW will pretty much cover your beam up time.

Drop Engineering Team. You're going to be cycling Tac teams, Eng teams will just get in the way. You can go with EPtS1 and Aux2Damp 1 or Aux2Sif 1 or cycle EPtS 1 and EPtS 2.

You could throw in a Beam Target subsytem Engines in there too.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Why the heck are you running beams ???

Why do you have 3 beam skills that have at min one overlapping cool down ?

Dump the beams. Beams are for feds.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3w
Keep the 3 turrets in the back. Or you could drop 1 turret and replace it with a tricobalt torpedo but it's up to you. You can go either for full borg set + Covariant Shield [Cap] x3 or Aegis Impulse / Shield and Borg Deflector / console. As tac on KDF side I would go for bop.
I do love the BOP klingon side, its just a ton of fun, and so bloody agile it makes you smile. Just very squishy, and looks nothing like an andorian ship lol.

At VA I will try out the B'rel retro, but I hear nothing but bad things about it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangreal View Post
So I've finally got my Klingon up to BG, and got a raptor. I was flying a BOP until now (Tac Captain) but the Raptor looks most like the adorian ship from enterprise. I have it loaded up with Tetryon's and quantums, but wanted to run the build by the pvp community.

(Tetryon)3 DBB's front, 1 Quantum Torpedo Launcher
(Tetryon)3 Turrets back

TacTeam1, APB1, BFAW3, AP03
TacTeam1, BO2, BO3
TorpSpread1
ET1, EPTS2
HE1, TSS2

Right now Breen Engines, Deflector, and Reman shield, Though will be getting the Borg gear and running either the Aegis or Cap3 shield once I get em. I forget at which level you get access to run the borg STFs.

Running for consoles..
EPS, Plasmamanifold, (insert field emitter here)
2x Induction
4x Tetyron Weapons

Thoughts? Right now its a pretty solid build, but I am thinking the turrets in the back are draining too much power from the forward weapons, so I was wondering what I should replace them with?

Thanks!!!
Really beams are for feds... the only time a klink should ever have a beam on a raptor is if you have ONE beam at its for Beam overloads only.

Really..
3 DHC 1 Quantum
3 Turrets

TacTeam1, Beta 1, HY3, Rapid 3
TacTeam1, Rapid 1, Omega 1
TorpSpread1
ET1, EPTS2
HE1, TSS2

There it is... a Klink Raptor... with blue guns... unless the blue lazors where just to make it look like the andoiran ships in the show. I can' remember if they had beams or not.