Lt. Commander
# 1 Rewarding Teamplay
09-14-2011, 09:52 AM
In games like Battlefield 2 to promote team work they rewarded players for helping, healing, or resupplying others. It made more people want to play support positions. I thought maybe some kind of system or points to reward players for teamwork, giving heals, extending shields, taking out an enemy who is firing on another teammate, etc, would encourage more team play. If the rewards are substantial i think more people are likely to help others out.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Just make it so that in order to get emblems, you must WIN pvp matches.

Right now, we have the same rewards whether you win or lose. This is Cryptic-style PvP. It promotes AFK'ers, people who just go out there and don't really care if they get blown up repeatedly, and generally says "it doesn't matter if you have teamwork or not, free emblems for you!"
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Considering PvP is almost completely dominated by sci-heavy premades exploiting broken powers and a large percentage of matches end 15-0 I don't know if there would be any incentive for new folks to play if they didn't get something for at least trying.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
Considering PvP is almost completely dominated by sci-heavy premades exploiting broken powers and a large percentage of matches end 15-0 I don't know if there would be any incentive for new folks to play if they didn't get something for at least trying.
They really could just try and join fleets who then form pvp teams to compete. Honestly the level of competition in this game varies from PvE levels of difficulty to very intense fleet v fleet rivalries.

Honestly, most folks view pvp teams as always being dominant players, when most of us were complete noobs when playing this game but didn't stop us from taking our beatings and learning from them.

If winning equals 6 emblems and a chance of a purple item reward, and losing equals 2 emblems (triple the reward), then there would still be a consolation prize but there would be real incentives for winning.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Pretty much what i would be hoping for.

Though I want an All or Nothing like RIFT. Force people to either learn to play or gtfo. I know it sounds harsh but the kiddie pool method has been a proven failure for getting pugs to learn to do anything other than whine and complain about "the evil premades".
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-15-2011, 08:43 AM
The only way new people will try PvP and keep at it is if they can see occasional success.

If they get slaughtered every time, they will soon quit no matter what.

Most of the people who *still* PvP started when everybody was new, and there was no obviously OP build-out.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan
In games like Battlefield 2 to promote team work they rewarded players for helping, healing, or resupplying others. It made more people want to play support positions. I thought maybe some kind of system or points to reward players for teamwork, giving heals, extending shields, taking out an enemy who is firing on another teammate, etc, would encourage more team play. If the rewards are substantial i think more people are likely to help others out.
That game did so much right. It hust needed an RPG element :-)