Lt. Commander
# 1 Shuttle questions
09-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi!

I have some questions concerning shuttles:

- Where can I get a Type-8 shuttle? STOWiki says at Starbase 39-Sierra but there I only can purchase Class F, Runabout and Captains Yacht
- Are shuttles Just-for-fun-items or does it make sense to use them sometimes instead of a "real" ship during some missions? Is a shuttle not always weaker than a starship?
- Are there special shuttle-related missions?
- Does it make sense to use a shuttle in PvP or are there some Shuttle-Only-PvPs?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-17-2011, 11:20 AM
You have to accept the mission "The Vault" from the commander of Starbase 39 Sierra. (that mission appears once you hit Lieutenant 6) Once you do, you talk to a Lieutenant Commander who's *not* with Section 31 and he gives you a shuttle requisition form and a ship slot because the mission requires a shuttle, runabout or Delta Flyer. Once you talk to him, you go down to the shuttle requisitions officer and the Type 8 appears for you to purchase, for the low price of 1 shuttle requisition.

One interesting note about shuttles: the weapons and equipment that come equipped by default "level up." So, they increase in power as you increase in rank. That way, you can continue using the shuttles for mission that require them as you progress through the ranks. Also, the phasers fire in a 360 degree circle.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinSword View Post
- Are shuttles Just-for-fun-items or does it make sense to use them sometimes instead of a "real" ship during some missions? Is a shuttle not always weaker than a starship?
- Does it make sense to use a shuttle in PvP or are there some Shuttle-Only-PvPs?
1. Shuttles are just for fun. They have no practical use besides for The Vault (Romulan Featured Episode Series)

2. Yes, one - The Vault.

3. Negative. There is no support for Shuttles in PVP, but there are some Fleets that have private "Shuttle PVP" events.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Ah ok, thanks!
I did not start Feature Series 3 up to now. Good time to do so!
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by champion1701 View Post
1. Shuttles are just for fun. They have no practical use besides for The Vault (Romulan Featured Episode Series)

2. Yes, one - The Vault.

3. Negative. There is no support for Shuttles in PVP, but there are some Fleets that have private "Shuttle PVP" events.
You forgot you have to use a Shuttle to do the Craft the Delta flyer quest.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Which gives you another useless shuttle....

(As a supporter of the C-Store and a fan of the Delta Flyer, I bought mine on day one, I have access to every federation shuttle in this game minus the fighter and vulcan one. I would love more to do with my fleet of shuttles )
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinSword View Post
Hi!

I have some questions concerning shuttles:

- Where can I get a Type-8 shuttle? STOWiki says at Starbase 39-Sierra but there I only can purchase Class F, Runabout and Captains Yacht

Thanks!
1. You need to accept the Vault Mission before you can get a type 8 (get a runabout etc. tho the type 8 is the weekest of the shuttles)
2. Do not use them for most missions or you will get pummeled (The only way I can actualy fight in it is VA DF Vs a friget being used by a Lt. )
3. The Vault
4. Most PVP, no but some times there is corerdenated Shuttle Vs Shuttle PVP by players
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Useless shuttles...useless shuttles...useless shuttles. I totally agree. If, however, pilots were limited to only shuttle licenses until the rank of say Lt. or Lt. Cmdr. when they could take out a light cruiser, problem solved. Shuttles have a use, and getting another bird with the same stone, character progression gets a bit more varied.

That's my idea that nobody wants to hear lol