Lt. Commander
# 1 The Projected Stasis Field....
09-18-2011, 08:51 PM
I listed this as an idea for a Vo'Quv refit...but I thought I would start a new thread on it...

The Projected Stasis Field was an experimental weapon that was unique to the Klingon Empire -- the Federation had nothing like it. You can read about this system here (it is canon, I am fairly certain):

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Projected_stasis_field

My question is whether or not this could be a decent "refit" type of power for a heavy battlecruiser or carrier -- these systems were only carried on the larger ships because of the energy drain supposedly.

Another question is if this was seriously considered...how would it work within the game?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-18-2011, 10:38 PM
I've wanted to see a working Stasis field since SFC1 having used it with great effectivness in SFB...
ahhh...the Glory days...
I would love to see something like this come to STO.
And, hey, it Canon! So...it's all good, right?
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-18-2011, 11:32 PM
It would work as a "total stun" that drains aux power on the ship using it, for example one or two points of aux per second..
So you'd have to start with a lot of aux (leaving you doing little else), aim (already not easy with a carrier) and then fire it.
Once aux hits "0" the field collapses and the cooldown starts.

However Cryptic does not have the license to "The Animated Series".
They can only use Caitians because there was one in Star Trek IV.
So this weapon is out of the question.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
However Cryptic does not have the license to "The Animated Series".
They can only use Caitians because there was one in Star Trek IV.
So this weapon is out of the question.
Are you sure? TAS is licensed to someone else? Thought CBS has all the ST rights, wouldn't it fall under that? Where did you get the information that Cryptic can't use anything from the amimated series?
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-19-2011, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Are you sure? TAS is licensed to someone else? Thought CBS has all the ST rights, wouldn't it fall under that? Where did you get the information that Cryptic can't use anything from the amimated series?
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...1&postcount=37
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Hmm, sure he's not talking about the Kzinti specificly? That has long been an issue with Nivan, that's why they changed the name to Mirak instead of Kzinti for the SFC series.
Donno...in any case, while it would be great to see, a part of me thinks such a thing would never come to pass even if they could legaly.