Lt. Commander
# 1 Withdrawing from PvP
09-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Hello Dear PvP'ers.

I must regret to say this but in the last few months there have been very little good PvP left.

Furthermore I think Cryptic is going to wrong way with PvP and I dont think its a good thing for both the current and the upcoming F2P Players. Its all about money, its all about P2W, its all about C$tore and PvE.

The current changes that are being introduced for testing and eventually hit holodeck are just a response to the F2P being released soon. All the revamp of abilities is merely to make the game more attractive, but without any decent thought of balance in mind.

I'm sorry dear PvP'ers, but this is how it is.
Ofcourse this decision will surely impact my playtime in STO, since PvPing was the only part of the game I liked. And Im pretty sure more of you will eventually end up in my situation, meaing Cryptic will lose even moar end-game players to SWTOR.

I hope SWTOR gives me moar pleasure in PvP'ing.

Kthxbye
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
The current changes that are being introduced for testing and eventually hit holodeck are just a response to the F2P being released soon. All the revamp of abilities is merely to make the game more attractive, but without any decent thought of balance in mind.
I'm of the firm belief that this is *exactly* what Cryptic is doing - and it disgusts me. If Cryptic weren't already laughing at the futility of our outrage then I'd quit the entire game in protest. It would probably be better to just boycott the C-store and laugh back at them while they spiral into bankruptcy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-26-2011, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
I'm of the firm belief that this is *exactly* what Cryptic is doing - and it disgusts me. If Cryptic weren't already laughing at the futility of our outrage then I'd quit the entire game in protest. It would probably be better to just boycott the C-store and laugh back at them while they spiral into bankruptcy.
here here! -secretly buys everything from the c-store still-
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-26-2011, 02:28 AM
Quote:
here here! -secretly buys everything from the c-store still-
We all know you need the Antimatter-Spread Console and could use an Extra Ensign as well.

No oaths from me, but I will probably not buy any of the new ships until the in-game acquisition method is clear and satisfactory. (And then I'll probably buy them all, because I am too lazy to grind.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-26-2011, 07:19 AM
I too wait to see how ingame acquissiton will work (and then will buy hte new KDF ships via Cstore anyways)

As too PvP, meh, I will continue to play. Its always been about teh peeps and compettion and not the abilities for me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-26-2011, 09:19 AM
I know I posted on here recently to say that I'm sticking with it but really, it gets harder to do so with every new change Cryptic introduce. However, the last time I was on, I did have fun, which lets face it is the point of the game (when I wasn't too stunned / scrambled to actually be able to do anything), so I'm still staying for the time being.

Edit: For the record, I actually like the visual effect for the new anti matter spread but another way to scramble people is the last thing STO PvP needs at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
As too PvP, meh, I will continue to play. Its always been about teh peeps and compettion and not the abilities for me.
I continue to hope that things will turn out for the better.
Eventually.

But just in case, I started an eng character.
Engineers are the ultimate survivors yes? :p
Closed Thread