Lt. Commander
# 1 Zen PvP
09-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Quote:
And the tenants there-of (or a humorous attempt anyways) coming soon(tm)

This is a look into the ancient philosophy of Zen PvP. (Cool orange robes not a requirment- though they do look cool) as put forth by the first PvP'ers ages ago in his quest for a balanced and fun experience that eximplified quick thinking, persaverance and courage.

First the 4 truths of PvP.

The Truth of Balance
The Truth of the Cause of Imbalance
The Truth of the End of balance
The Truth of the Path leading to the End of balance

Truth one: The Truth of Balance;
The First PvP'ers discovery of the solution to the problem of balance began with the recognition that life is unbalanced. This is the first of the Four Noble Truths. If people examine their own experiences or look at the world around them, they will see that life is full of unbalance. Imbalance may be physical, mental or a product of bad code that was not properly tested and allowed to go live. (often against the advice of those whom tested)
There is no perfect balance.

PHYSICAL IMBALANCE
takes many forms. People must have observed at one time or another, how the new PvPer is not able to perform in PvP as well as older experienced players players. Most of them suffer aches and pains in their PvP experiences due to a lack of Knowledge on what works and what does not and many find it hard to to use the Keyboard or mouse effectively to until they have that better understanding. With advancing experience and knowledge this condition will go away but may return if such learned skills are left to waste in inactivity. There is always someone much better at PvP than ones self.

One must PvP often to remain or get better at PvP.

MENTAL IMBALANCE
Beside physical imbalances broght by age, skill and flexibility, there are also various forms of mental imbalance that strike PvPers, old and new alike. People feel griefed, outclassed or that something is OP when they lose in a match. They feel irritated or and cheated when they are forced to be in the company of those whom use abilites they dislike or find unpleasant. People also suffer when they are unable to satisfy their limitless needs and wants to live the "unconquerable hero" and fall short in reality.
Ego is both a limiter and a enabler in PvP
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-26-2011, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
And the tenants there-of (or a humorous attempt anyways) coming soon(tm)
One of the basic tenets of zen PvP:
STO's PVP is really strong

It must be true if the Cryptic says so
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-26-2011, 07:36 AM
What is the sound of an Arena Match with only 1 player on the map?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
" DMANIT CRYPTIC!!!!!!" followed by a post in a thread somehwere?
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-26-2011, 10:37 AM
This looks like something that probobly was left out of the Razor Fleet Doctorates.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-26-2011, 10:46 AM
It was suppossed to be a long winded but funny look at PvP foibles and failings due to misconceptions of new players, older players and those that code games for PvP.

It got more thinky than I intended...

I blaim the Bloodwine's vintage I am drinking.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Haha I like that one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-26-2011, 01:11 PM
I don't like this thread and Roach's post. It makes me need to think. Thinking hurts my brain. Hurt is bad. I thought this was the PvP forums, and it was all about the Pew Pew?
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-26-2011, 01:13 PM
For you, we have Zen-At-Will.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Ego is both a limiter and a enabler in PvP
Nice posts, Roach.

Quote:
I don't like this thread and Roach's post. It makes me need to think. Thinking hurts my brain. Hurt is bad. I thought this was the PvP forums, and it was all about the Pew Pew?
2 miny silbles stfuplzkthx