Lt. Commander
# 1 Path to F2P Dev Blog 2
09-29-2011, 06:55 PM
In the next entry of out Path to Free-to-Play Dev Blogs, Stephen D'Angelo introduces us to Star Trek Online's new Mission Journal UI. Now available on Tribble for testing! Make sure to check back for another entry in our Path to F2P Dev Blog series soon!

Link to the Article
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen D'Angelo
If you get a Federation character from start to level 11, we'll give you a free 8 hour XP boost item.
To be honest, that doesn't seem very useful for the majority of people who are likely to help test on Tribble. I would imagine most of those people already have at least one character at level cap, if not more. On the Fed side, it doesn't really take all that long to hit level cap anyway, especially with the XP boost in the Borg DSEs and the 15-minute XP boost item you get for completing the Borg Invasion Daily. I suppose if it's not Bind On Pick-Up, that might make it a little more useful (mail it to your KDF toon?).

(Also, still hoping we can get an RSS feed for these Path to F2P posts.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-29-2011, 07:07 PM
oops. my bad
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Nevermind. Other poster responded to originally in this post has since edited their post.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Nice to see the rewards are being listed. While they aren't crazy awesome I still think they are pretty decent.

I'm just going to assume the Ship slot is an account wide unlock. So please feel free to crush my hopes if you desire.

Also that's good to know that playing a KDF toon gets you a second set of rewards. I'm looking forward to earning those as well.

The new mission box looks cool, and I did hate having to "talk" to so many NPCs to get just a simple mission. I can imagine the casual players found it even harder to use then us here on the forums. Guessing by the screen shot I'm going to guess that took you a few months to setup up.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-29-2011, 08:29 PM
nice... too bad that Tribble server is practically unplayable... I know for a fact I'm not the only one getting discon'd every few seconds... then popped back to a location no where near where you got D-Con'd from...

unplayable. also, I've already reported 18 bugs... I don't consider disconnecting a bug. that's a server issue.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-30-2011, 01:39 PM
I really like the new Mission journal. It is way cool and will be a huge asset to all of us, especially to the new people to STO. I really love that missions can be replayed through the journal instead of having to go to the bridge of our ships. This feature should have been in the game since launch but is still a very welcome addition. Thank you guys and keep up the hard work.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Slightly confused on the Tribble requirements...do we have to roll a 'new' character for tribble to qualify for the rewards? What about the characters that we had previously transferred there? Do they qualify?
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixSS View Post
Slightly confused on the Tribble requirements...do we have to roll a 'new' character for tribble to qualify for the rewards? What about the characters that we had previously transferred there? Do they qualify?
All characters that were previously on the Tribble Test Server have been deleted, and you can't copy any characters from Holodeck to Tribble at this moment, so your previous characters do not/will not qualify as far as the "level-up" rewards go. You will be able to transfer characters from Holodeck to Tribble eventually, but they will not qualify for the level-up rewards. Therefore you will have to roll a new character to get those rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogobstopper
To be honest, that doesn't seem very useful for the majority of people who are likely to help test on Tribble. I would imagine most of those people already have at least one character at level cap, if not more. On the Fed side, it doesn't really take all that long to hit level cap anyway, especially with the XP boost in the Borg DSEs and the 15-minute XP boost item you get for completing the Borg Invasion Daily. I suppose if it's not Bind On Pick-Up, that might make it a little more useful (mail it to your KDF toon?).

(Also, still hoping we can get an RSS feed for these Path to F2P posts.)
To add to this some of us still have one from the 1 year anniversary on each of our VAs these things are just gonna be sitting around in storage until the level cap gets increased whenever that's coming.