Lt. Commander
# 1 Small Character Deletion
10-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Hi folks,

Earlier today we performed a deletion of a small amount of characters on Tribble who were found utilizing a bug to power level their characters.

This deletion was performed in order to maintain the accuracy of the data we are collecting on the new economy system on Tribble.

If you log in and find that your character has been deleted, please be aware that you may simply create a new character and begin the process of leveling naturally. The bug which allowed this to occur has been removed.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Since the bug was removed...what was it ? Just curious.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
if they told you, that would be discussion of exploits, in which they would then be required to perma-ban themselves from the forums, which would then result in a divide by zero error effectively ending the world as we know it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceroid View Post
if they told you, you would discover that it could be done on holodeck as well, where it is also not allowed.
Maybe the bug doesn´t exist on holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceroid View Post
if they told you, that would be discussion of exploits, in which they would then be required to perma-ban themselves from the forums, which would then result in a divide by zero error effectively ending the world as we know it.
Now that its not in the game its no longer an exploit but instead just a former bug. Id really like to know what it was too but I'm not holding my breath for an answer.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body_Surfer
Now that its not in the game its no longer an exploit but instead just a former bug. Id really like to know what it was too but I'm not holding my breath for an answer.
Maybe it was the Foundry again. Some people exploit that day and night with efficiency and enthusiasm.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-04-2011, 06:15 PM
I was wondering how some guy flying a Sovereign on day 2 of FTP leveled so quickly. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-04-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm surprised it is been taking seriously, all things considered. But glad to see action taken, ultimately. I hope not too many people who were not aware of their actions were effected - but considering we don't know the details, perhaps those taking advantage of this knew exactly what they were up to, making the deletion all the more justifiable.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
I don't have a possible clue what it could be ...

although I will say
Did anyone else notice the influx of purple loot on the holodeck exchange after the foundry went live?

I never saw so many purple CrTHx3's in all my life ...

Oh well, those two dudes who run STOked never spoke of it so clearly it's all in my head

So awesome to have such dedicated guys giving us such a balanced and independent view on STO don't you agree. ...

PS I don't have a character on tribble to be deleted so it wasn't me lol
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-05-2011, 05:26 AM
I for one am glad that they deleted those who exploited that natural leveling process. That's the problem with our today's society, we want it NOW! I and most worked hard and putting in time leveling. I for one stayed on for over 36 hours nonstop. I was furious when I learned people had pull a slick fast one. I'm taking this serious completing all epesiods, scanning anomallies for R&D, Counselor working my way up to Ambassador. They need to see how it all works in order to figure out what if any needs tweaking. By us taking short cuts doesn't help them when it's time to crunch the numbers.
For those of you leveling dont forget or put off diplomatic Corps that opens doors too. I got a rare scientist (Orion) with great abilities. So you have to put in allot of time. The benefits/rewards will be great.

Devs, thx for catching the exploit.

Kestrel_Falcon
Semper FI
Closed Thread