Okay, so I ran Stoping the Signal... 10 times before realizing this is no longer a T1 mission. Sure, it says for LT8, but this is by far, no longer the case. I get it, you want to give the player a challenge, and having the frigates spawn every 30 seconds is the best idea for that. (even if it's a pain in the butt.)
You however forgot one tiny detail that I hope you correct. By doing this, you have made sure this area can only be grouped. This is now, no longer a simple T1 level, and there is no warning to the point that you can only group this area unless your T2 or higher. This is an issue because, old and new players will think this is a normal mission UNTIL, they lose all the klingon ships (we all did, thanks for that btw) and will no longer be able to try to replay this mission from where we previously were. To fix this, I've found 3 different solutions that you can implement.
Solution #1: Relabel this mission for GROUP ONLY.
- why? Because you can really only group this mission now. You need at least 3 or more players for this mission.
Solution #2: Relabel the mission for lv 12 or higher
- why? Because you really need a T2 ship for this mission, this is no longer a lv 8 mission which it has been noted as.
Solution #3 and my personal favorite: Have Klink ships spawn in at a rate of one per destroyed ally ship.
Why? Because this is now the only way to keep the playing field even while taking on all those spawned Dohut ships. You could simply reduce the spawn time of dohut ships to previous levels of once per 3 to 4 minutes, but I'm not sure that's really what you'd want. If you want to keep this mission hard, disregard solution 3 and just relabel the mission.
This is like the billionth thread over this, they are looking into this already.
It's definitely doable in a T1 miranda, why because I did it.... after I cussed at my computer for an hour I gave up and went and did something else to let the instance reset. I actually tried it the next day.
1. DON'T get so darn close! Stay as far away, farther than the Klingon ships
2. DO NOT SHOOT the frigates... not even once... and DONT use FAW. Once you shoot one they are all coming for you. Let the Klingons take the beating for you. Once one shoots you they will start to gang up and it's game over.
3. SHOOT the dreadnought and keep focus on dropping the same shield facing that the main Klink is shooting at. Then fill it with Torps...
4. If you die (I did) respawn immediately... and go full impulse the second u spawn straight into the fight. Hit the M key to see where it is on the map.
5. Rinse and Repeat.
6. Before you go up against the dread in this battle... get your BO's and their powers straight. The early list of BO's that you get mostly have crap abilities and not the ones that will help you in the battle.