Lt. Commander
I completed a couple of DOff missions which were supposed to award what appears to be a +6 skill boost to Scientific Theory and either Starship Operations or Starship Energy Weapons.

All of the other expected rewards were awarded, but not the +6 booster. At first, I thought that I didn't get the one for Scientific Theory because I was testing on a Tactical captain. However, when I didn't receive the skill-up in my character's profession, I thought it best to file a bug report.

Unfortunately, the in-game bug reporter timed out, so I don't think it was filed.

Thus, I am now here.

I think it'll be neat to have these skill boosts (if that's what they are), so I hope this problem is fixed before the new system goes to Holodeck.

Thanks!

Qapla'!
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-06-2011, 12:09 PM
I too am not receiving those skill boosts. I neglected to check if they just automatically applied though. I assumed it would be something in my inventory. There was nothing displayed in the chat though to signify that I earned that boost.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-06-2011, 12:19 PM
When I complete a skill boost I initially thought it would show up in inventory like the other Skill boost do, and I could use it as needed. But last night I noticed that the skill boost starts as soon as the mission is turned in. Which sucks. What if I did not want to use it right then? It's a waste to not have control over it. I mean when you only have 20 minutes of boost, and you are in the middle of no where and need to travel you should just forget using it. I think these should be the same as the EXP boosts, and you use it when you want to use it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-06-2011, 02:33 PM
But you do have control over it. Don't complete the mission until you want the skill boost to be auto-granted.

It's not as granular as if you got an actual skill-booster item, but those take time to make and it would be ridiculous for all the skill boosters to be visually identical even though they boost different skills by different amounts, including the rate at which you gain skill pionts. All that takes time and there's precious few man-hours on the team currently. They might add it in at a later date if enough people want it and there's available development resources.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand_Altair
I completed a couple of DOff missions which were supposed to award what appears to be a +6 skill boost to Scientific Theory and either Starship Operations or Starship Energy Weapons.

All of the other expected rewards were awarded, but not the +6 booster. At first, I thought that I didn't get the one for Scientific Theory because I was testing on a Tactical captain. However, when I didn't receive the skill-up in my character's profession, I thought it best to file a bug report.
The skill buffs apply as soon as your character turns in the assignment, and appear as a buff icon in the usual place; they do not appear as items in your inventory.

Do you recall if the buff icon appeared?
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-06-2011, 08:14 PM
I know i'vegotten the buffs and icons quite frequently, but was wondering about overlapping boosts...
On a couple of occassions now i have turned in 2 missions with the same buff fairly close to each other but the buff does not seem to double or even extend the time of the existing buff. I have had multiple buffs going at the same time of varying types, but it would be nice if you complete a second mission withthe same buff if it at least extended the current duration if not strength.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
The skill buffs apply as soon as your character turns in the assignment, and appear as a buff icon in the usual place; they do not appear as items in your inventory.

Do you recall if the buff icon appeared?
Thanks, Heretic!

I do not recall if a buff icon appeared, but I will look for it next time I turn-in a skill buff mission and then report back in this thread.