Lt. Commander
# 1 Tier 5 Akira
10-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Since my petiton was closed lets have a community brain storm

How can we convince cryptic that they need to re-look at this ship and to generate a tier 5 version with out breaking "forum rules"?

any ideas greatly appreciated
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-06-2011, 12:19 PM
I say we just make a heartfelt plea.
A simple honest "May we please have a T5 Akira?"
Not a petition, just outright begging. :p

We could also brainstorm about retrofit concepts for it.

I propose it get the Fed equivalent to the Vorkang chain-weapon.
The Akira in the ST:Armada games always had a chain-target torpedo.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
I say we just make a heartfelt plea.
A simple honest "May we please have a T5 Akira?"
Not a petition, just outright begging. :p

We could also brainstorm about retrofit concepts for it.

I propose it get the Fed equivalent to the Vorkang chain-weapon.
The Akira in the ST:Armada games always had a chain-target torpedo.

Been there, done that... they ignored my topic (see signature) like they ignored the rest.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Just because we demand something and people beg for it, doesn't mean Cryptic is even capable of doing it. Recall, they're not in control of the IP, CBS is. People said "We want a T5 Constitution!" and CBS said no, so even if Cryptic wanted to make a T5 connie, they're not allowed to.

Could be the same thing with the Akira, Nova, and anything else. If CBS says no, Cryptic can't counter them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Tbh at this point in time , while id dearly love a t5 torpedo boat like the Akira , it really isnt needed compared to more pressing issues
I'd much prefer to see the klingons get fleshed out more than just another fed ship
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipplor View Post
Tbh at this point in time , while id dearly love a t5 torpedo boat like the Akira , it really isnt needed compared to more pressing issues
I'd much prefer to see the klingons get fleshed out more than just another fed ship
You'll get no argument from me regarding the fleshing out.
But ships are not what is needed to flesh them out.
And since the folks doing ships have nothing to do with the ones doing missions
there is little to worry about at that end.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feor View Post
Just because we demand something and people beg for it, doesn't mean Cryptic is even capable of doing it. Recall, they're not in control of the IP, CBS is. People said "We want a T5 Constitution!" and CBS said no, so even if Cryptic wanted to make a T5 connie, they're not allowed to.

Could be the same thing with the Akira, Nova, and anything else. If CBS says no, Cryptic can't counter them.
That's true, but if that's the case, I'd like to know why CBS would say "no" to having a T5 Endgame (which belongs in this era) or a T5 Akira (which is from the same era as the Defiant, Galaxy, Sovereign, etc. All of which are T5).

Especially when you consider the D'kyr (as much as 400 years old at this point), and the Excelsior (~200 years old), both at T5.

IF CBS said no, then I wanna know what their logic was.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Why do they close petitions and what methods are more effective in getting requests heard? The moderator clearly heard the petition! LOL.

I think the only way to get more canon ships like the Ambassador is make clear that if they make them, we will but them and for everyone to not buy the Cryptic original designs they keep putting in the store. Money is the only language they understand.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-06-2011, 01:00 PM
^ sorry, thought I was in a different thread for a second there. my point remains though. If you want something, show how it financially benefits them to make it and financially hurts them to ignore their patrons' wants.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Well it might not be T5 but there is a 3.5 coming down the pipes