Lt. Commander
# 1 Upcoming changes to Trics
10-09-2011, 06:58 AM
I'm posting this here to keep the PvP community up to date about some of the upcoming changes to Trics which are now on Tribble. All of you B'Rel pilots that carry Trics have basically just become kamikaze pilots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
  • Tricobalt Device now uses Boff High Yield and Spread abilities. Spread targets 2, 3 or 4 targets (based on rank). Tricoblat High Yield generates a subspace rift. Any target that enters the rift will get disabled. The rift lasts 10, 13 or 16 secs (based on rank). Reduced Basic tricobalt damage to 80%, and the high yields now do more damage. Icons and New fx are incomplete.
An interesting side effect to Trics (whether it has been buffed as a High Yield, Torpedo Spread or just fired without buffs) is they are now causing damage to not only the target but also the Tric user and anyone else (including friendlies) who are within the blast radius (1km). As you all know, the only way to effectively fire a Tric is at very close range. This torpedo is going to be nerfed so badly that it's only use in game may be to grief your own teammates.

This makes Trics the new plasma grenade of space combat except that Cryptic fixed plasma grenades so they wouldn't damage friendlies anymore. Now they've added it to space combat because it works there?

When Character copying is opened back up on Tribble I hope there will be plenty of testers to provide feedback on the forums and voice to Cryptic their thoughts over these changes.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-09-2011, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75
I'm posting this here to keep the PvP community up to date about some of the upcoming changes to Trics which are now on Tribble. All of you B'Rel pilots that carry Trics have basically just become kamikaze pilots.

An interesting side effect to Trics (whether it has been buffed as a High Yield, Torpedo Spread or just fired without buffs) is they are now causing damage to not only the target but also the Tric user and anyone else (including friendlies) who are within the blast radius (1km). As you all know, the only way to effectively fire a Tric is at very close range. This torpedo is going to be nerfed so badly that it's only use in game may be to grief your own teammates.

This makes Trics the new plasma grenade of space combat except that Cryptic fixed plasma grenades so they wouldn't damage friendlies anymore. Now they've added it to space combat because it works there?

When Character copying is opened back up on Tribble I hope there will be plenty of testers to provide feedback on the forums and voice to Cryptic their thoughts over these changes.
well of course you need to use your own ship to explode the enemys. the tric takes out shields and hurts yo uthe you ram. its science i say!
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
well of course you need to use your own ship to explode the enemys. the tric takes out shields and hurts yo uthe you ram. its science i say!
Who needs ram? The Tric by itself can simply do the work of ramming speed to kill both yourself and your target without even activating ram. Just be within range to get splash damage from the Tric hit.

I hope BFAW targets teammates next. I think it would also be nice if you could start shooting off pieces of your own ship with it too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Mmmm yes.

3x Tric console/shield stripping RSVs ftw.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Mmmm yes.

3x Tric console/shield stripping RSVs ftw.
This^^

I did it with a tac captain too. Land a nice crit while All those yummy tac buffs are stacked. I've had a few that made me even question why you could do it in the game. I mean 50k+, that's horribly devistating.

But fun. And somewhat efficient.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-09-2011, 11:24 AM
We've been aware of this change in the pipeline for quite some time and we hate it.