Lt. Commander
So the Klingons are at war with the Federation, and the Romulans are at war with both. Why does it feel like its a war of words and not of action. Federation ships fly around Klingon space with out so much as a threat to them, Klingon ships do the same to the feds.

The Neutral Zone should be OPEN FvF conflict. If you are in the sector of the Neutral Zone, you should be able to be attacked by anyone or group that is a waring faction at anytime you are in the Neutral Zone. It would lighten the PvP que load a bit. As you dont have to sit in a que to look for a fight, you can lurk the neutral zone.

I would also let Klingon and Fed ships that are able to cloak, cloak on the travel map.

There could even be events held by the staff that could "move" the front. Where the winner of that event will push the Neutral Zone one direction or the other. Giving the game a much needed shot in the arm for PvP/FvF.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-10-2011, 11:33 AM
I can't even begin to express how much i agree with you
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-10-2011, 11:39 AM
I have been and always be........
In agreement
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Optional open pvp in Neutral Zones would be ideal. Anybody looking to simply go about their business should simply set a flag of some sort, and they couldn't be challenged. Anyone wanting to throw caution to the wind and take on all comers would simply flag for it.

Personally I'd set myself as non-PvP, since I'm not a fan of being jumped by opportunistic griefers, but people still play EVE, so obviously folks out there enjoy it. :p All I ask it to be able to opt out.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Optional open pvp in Neutral Zones would be ideal. Anybody looking to simply go about their business should simply set a flag of some sort, and they couldn't be challenged. Anyone wanting to throw caution to the wind and take on all comers would simply flag for it.

Personally I'd set myself as non-PvP, since I'm not a fan of being jumped by opportunistic griefers, but people still play EVE, so obviously folks out there enjoy it. :p All I ask it to be able to opt out.
No way...

They simply shouldn't be in the neutral zone if they don't want to fight. Going into the neutral zone SHOULD be risky.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
No way...

They simply shouldn't be in the neutral zone if they don't want to fight. Going into the neutral zone SHOULD be risky.
Except there are people the do not like PvP. I am not a fan of it but, I have been involved from time to time. With PvE content now in the Neutral Zone with the "Devidian Series" and "Satilite Repair" daily, they are not going to want to be grieved when they simply want to accomplish a mission.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
No way...

Howabout no, particularly if there are PvE missions in the Neutral Zone.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Quote:
No way...

Agreed! But we should maybe limit attacks within certain rank ranges... I mean this is probably obvious but we can't really have some Fed cruisin to Kerrat in a Miranda class gettin ambushed by a Negh-Vagh (although if I were the Fed, it would be worth it cause that would just be awesome).

I also agree with the cloaking too although, if you go into enemy territory they should have tachyon fields and things so you can't just cruise on up to earth with a whole fleet undetected.

Also can't wait for the Romulans to become involved in this!
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post

I could get on board with this version. Of course, I'd be hiding behind my non-pvp flag until I hit VA.

Yeah, I'm a chicken.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
There could even be events held by the staff that could "move" the front. Where the winner of that event will push the Neutral Zone one direction or the other. Giving the game a much needed shot in the arm for PvP/FvF.
This would definately get me interested in STO's PvP.

The current lack of a 'bigger picture' in terms of how PvP could affect a sector is what makes me figure i might aswell get my PvP fix from team fortress 2 instead.

I'd also like to see a PvP area where ground and space maps can affect each other.
For example; a space map with a planet based ground map, Beaming down to the planet and taking victory there would have the planet begin using it's orbital defenses in your favour on the space map, alternatively holding an area around the space map for a certain time opens the ground map up for orbital bombardment in your favour.