Lt. Commander
# 1 Promotion Bug LT CMD to CMD
10-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Hey all,

Had an odd bug that would not let me get the promotion to CMD quest.

When I was promoted to LT. CMD I bought the Rhode Island for my LT CMD ship thus saving my dilithium for my next promotion if needed. However it did not complete the LT CMD promotion quest. I didn't think much of it till today. I hit CMD 1 but could not get the promotion as I still had the LT CMD quest active. It said I still had to get a LT CMD ship, even though I bought the RI ship at LT CMD.

So long story short I had to spend 7000 dilithium on a ship I will not use so I could get my promotion to CMD. After I bought the ship everything progressed like normal.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-11-2011, 09:21 AM
So it looks like I MUST buy a ship at CMD aswell to finish the promotion quest, which means before I can make captian I have to waste another 10,000 dilithium on another ship I will not use? How does this make sence? 17,000 wasted dilithium. I will not be buying the ship until I need to rank up, but still what a waste.

I really hope this is a bug as if it is not what is the point of buying ships from the Cstore if you need to buy a lower version just to rank up?
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-11-2011, 11:28 AM
i am having the same problem here...

cryptic please answer this thread.

do we have to use dilithium in addition to get our next ship for our promotion?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Any info on if this will be fixed? I'm gonna hit captain today and would hate to have to waste dilithium on a commander ship to be able to get a captain ship.....