Lt. Commander
# 1 So are we on our own?
10-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Reported/posted a bug days ago but haven't heard a peep and still stuck at the same point. My Fed has gone from Captain to RALH on DOff missions and dailies while stuck on a Romulan episode. Are we getting any help in test or should I give up on ever getting past this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-10-2011, 01:47 PM
what is the issue you are having?
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-10-2011, 01:51 PM
in the arc 'By Any Means"/ A Promising Plan I have completed all mission objectives but when I exit to space sector as prompted it resets me to the 2nd half of the mission. I have tried changing instances, relogging, filing bug reports on both test and holodeck. It has not reset/completed in 3 days of repeated compeletions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-10-2011, 01:59 PM
This rings a bell from when I was leveling up and if I remember right it was because I'd missed a console interact.

Just looked on STO Wiki and I think it was the disable the base defences which was a console outside the final room on the 'A Promising plan' part of the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Theres external defenses 4 gun placements and a ship, a comp to d/l and then the alpha defenses, base comander and final ship fight. All I which I have completed and been prompted onto the next mission or 'depart for sector space'
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-10-2011, 02:12 PM
a couple of things. bug reports dont get responses. they go to the bug department for them to fix. bugs can takes ages to fix as there is usually a fair few bugs and some are very complex to track down and correct, even more so in beta. Gm tickets are the ones that get answered personally but this is a bug. so all you can do is report it which you have done.

this mission tends to break for some reason. the only thing to do is to come out of the mission, give it a few minutes to reset and just do the last bit again. dont drop it. i believe heneo may be correct. i think there is a console bit on the first station that either you are not always instructed to go to or its possible to miss and still continue the mission but ultimately breaking it.

if that does not help then i have no idea how to get passed it. ive had the same problem before but usually the second time works.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Done the mission multiple times over the last 3 days, will look for that console next time, still captain to RA on just DOff's seems they award too much player XP and not enough for their sections
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Have you tried dropping the mission entirely and starting over?