Lt. Commander
Hey there, I'm not sure if this Bug has come up yet but here it is anyway =P

Bug

Doff missions that reward Prototype Turret plans are no longer availible for me to play even though they show up in the missions menu, and I have the right Doffs.

Type

Missions or UI bug, I'm not really sure =|

ways to replicate Bug

1. Simply complete a Prototype Turret Plans Doff mission and you'll be locked out of doing them ever again =P

New info, the Bug seams to be tied to the Security Officers, as I can still use other Doffs in the other slot, but it acts like I don't have any security Officer Doffs =(

thanks hope this helps =)
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-10-2011, 07:04 PM
I wasn't able to do most of these to begin with, even before doing one, and I noticed the issue. When it says "Security Officer," it doesn't mean any officer in the security department, it means one in the security department who's specialization is "Security Officer." Armory Officers, Assault Squad Officers, etc won't work, even though they're in the security department.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-10-2011, 08:59 PM
The trouble is that these were the same requirements for the Prototype Disruptor Turret Plans. Since then I've found at least 2 other Prototype Plans that require the said Security Officer that doesn't exist, and these were a Hierogen Tranphasic Torp Turret and a Breen Chroniton Torp turret.

Now one could argue that if one of these missions would let us do it, (the Reman Prototype heavy disruptor Turret) with whatever Security Officers we had on hand, that the rest of them would be just as straight forward. =)
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome-Crusher32
The trouble is that these were the same requirements for the Prototype Disruptor Turret Plans. Since then I've found at least 2 other Prototype Plans that require the said Security Officer that doesn't exist, and these were a Hierogen Tranphasic Torp Turret and a Breen Chroniton Torp turret.

Now one could argue that if one of these missions would let us do it, (the Reman Prototype heavy disruptor Turret) with whatever Security Officers we had on hand, that the rest of them would be just as straight forward. =)
Said security officers do exists. I have 3 of them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk600 View Post
Said security officers do exists. I have 3 of them.
I'm very happy for you =P

I actually have 3 Security Officers as well, it's just that they aren't Security officer Officers I guess =P

and I'm sorry for being mean about this = ) I guess I was just really upset that I spent 1100 of my C-point stipen on a set of Doffs that where totally useless =(
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Quote:
I actually have 3 Security Officers as well, it's just that they aren't Security officer Officers I guess =P

and I'm sorry for being mean about this = ) I guess I was just really upset that I spent 1100 of my C-point stipen on a set of Doffs that where totally useless =(
I understand issues like this can be frustrating, but we really do appreciate the effort you guys are going to to helping us work out these problems before the system goes onto Holodeck.

The C-Store packs are being changed to reflect qualify rather than rarity.

I am, however, interested in which duty officers you got that you felt were useless; there are assignments for every specialization, though some are better represented than others. Let me know which ones you got that you found useless and I will look into the assignment distributions and make sure nothing slipped between the cracks in terms of some useful functionality.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-12-2011, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Hey there, I'm not sure if this Bug has come up yet but here it is anyway =P

Bug

Doff missions that reward Prototype Turret plans are no longer availible for me to play even though they show up in the missions menu, and I have the right Doffs.

Type

Missions or UI bug, I'm not really sure =|

ways to replicate Bug

1. Simply complete a Prototype Turret Plans Doff mission and you'll be locked out of doing them ever again =P

New info, the Bug seams to be tied to the Security Officers, as I can still use other Doffs in the other slot, but it acts like I don't have any security Officer Doffs =(

thanks hope this helps =)
Make sure you don't have your security officers assigned on your ground roster, if they are assigned you can not send them on missions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-12-2011, 03:34 AM
My big problem with this mission is following up by getting contraband to actually making the turret. Its a hard to find mission, thats also hard to succeed with.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanNewBoy View Post
My big problem with this mission is following up by getting contraband to actually making the turret. Its a hard to find mission, thats also hard to succeed with.
This is my problem too. I have several of the schematics, but I've never once (on either my Tribble Fed or KDF character) received even 1 piece of Contraband.

My shortage of Contraband means I'm unable to accept many of my KDF missions, not just the prototype missions. Some of which require 2-3 pieces.

I don't know if missions exist that offer Contraband as a direct reward. I don't recall having ever seen one. I've read from the forums it's supposed to be given as a unlisted reward for special results on other missions (like certain raids or something?).

Are other people getting Contraband?
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-12-2011, 09:00 AM
There is one mission in the Sirius sector, but like i say, the best i was able to get was a 63% failure rate, like the boff missions. I got it once and of course failed it.