Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Quote:
The C-Store starships differ from the in-game ones, in that they are typically slightly stronger in some way, and they include a valuable piece of gear that is only available with that ship...

There it is, folks. We've officially entered p2w territory. No longer are C-Store ships just "plus one" ships, they're actually acknowledged to have an advantage over standard ships.

Does this mean the Devs can finally admit the Rhode Island is OP?

And as far as Fed consoles go, I think the only one we don't know about is the Bellerophon's (Sci). The Exeter has a FAW turret, Gladius has a speed/defense buff, and Sao Paulo has the quad cannons.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-12-2011, 09:29 PM
I think the Bellerophon is supposed to get a Photonic Shockwave Torpedo. It's been mentioned in a couple STOked episodes now. The idea for the torpedo itself is actually taken from an episode of Voyager.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Awesome, let the Pay 2 Win Begin! (Oh that rhymes )

:p
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-12-2011, 10:32 PM
With F2P coming I did expect nothing else. I'm more surprised it took them so long to recognize Tx.5 as being better than normal ships (well at least officially).
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75
I think the Bellerophon is supposed to get a Photonic Shockwave Torpedo. It's been mentioned in a couple STOked episodes now. The idea for the torpedo itself is actually taken from an episode of Voyager.
Can't wait for the Intrepid with that thing plus the ablative......

The Dev's got lazy with the Klingons on that list at the bottom, 'Negh'var refit' 'Qin Refit' and so on....
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-12-2011, 11:02 PM
And all of this junk will likely be used by some of the upstanding citizens in these forums.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-12-2011, 11:07 PM
And STO continues to go down the *******...
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Cool, now that itís official, letís talk about how much ďbiteĒ a P2W ship should have.

If Iím going to pay cash money for any of these ships I think it should have some good stats to them.

You know, like a one click one kill ability. Just think of how much fun it would be to have that in game.
The one with the fastest clicking finger wins.

Decloak, Click, Kaboom. I win
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post

There it is, folks. We've officially entered p2w territory. No longer are C-Store ships just "plus one" ships, they're actually acknowledged to have an advantage over standard ships.

Does this mean the Devs can finally admit the Rhode Island is OP?

And as far as Fed consoles go, I think the only one we don't know about is the Bellerophon's (Sci). The Exeter has a FAW turret, Gladius has a speed/defense buff, and Sao Paulo has the quad cannons.
So, what can we do about it?

0) Complain. That we should do definitely.
1) Leave the game.
2) Just get over it and buy these ships. Because you sure as hell won't make the entire community not use P2W ships! (We can do it for tournaments).

I am not ready yet to give up STO. Maybe I'll just do 0 and 2?

It really leaves a bad aftertaste in my mouth, though.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-13-2011, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
So, what can we do about it?

0) Complain. That we should do definitely.
1) Leave the game.
2) Just get over it and buy these ships. Because you sure as hell won't make the entire community not use P2W ships! (We can do it for tournaments).

I am not ready yet to give up STO. Maybe I'll just do 0 and 2?

It really leaves a bad aftertaste in my mouth, though.
3) Realize that P2W doesn't matter against NPCs... come to terms with PvP being a joke... and a complete afterthought / No thought for Cryptic....
4) If you are that big a trekker Go to 6.
5) Go to 10.... um I mean 1.
6) suck it up forget the que exists.... and enjoy smacking around the same group of borg you toasted yesterday... and the day before yesterday... and the day before before yesterday... ect. Don't forget to smile as well... If your going to let Cryptic dry hump your wallet you should smile.
Closed Thread