Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
I recently had to switch ISPs, which took me offline for a time, I got back, patched up, and suddenly, this.

It goes away for a time if I switch aspect ratios, but that's not even a workaround insomuch as a temporary reprieve.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-13-2011, 10:18 AM
I don't think this has anything to do with your ISP. Did you try Force Verifying the files using the Launcher? Here's how you do it:

1. Start the launcher, but do not login
2. Click the Options link in the top right
3. Select 'Force Verify'. It is the 4th option down on the left.
4. Login using the launcher

File verification will take 10 to 20 minutes depending on hardware.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpsy View Post
I don't think this has anything to do with your ISP. Did you try Force Verifying the files using the Launcher? Here's how you do it:

1. Start the launcher, but do not login
2. Click the Options link in the top right
3. Select 'Force Verify'. It is the 4th option down on the left.
4. Login using the launcher

File verification will take 10 to 20 minutes depending on hardware.
Tried it, still happening.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Make sure you are running in full screen mode in the game options. Kicking the game into Windowed can cause some strange things to happen. If you're already in full screen mode, try setting it to something different, hitting apply, then switching it back, then hitting apply again.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-13-2011, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
Make sure you are running in full screen mode in the game options. Kicking the game into Windowed can cause some strange things to happen. If you're already in full screen mode, try setting it to something different, hitting apply, then switching it back, then hitting apply again.
That actually made it worse, after doing so, the screen would be completely black, with only the cursor visible, I could hover it over the buttons on the UI and I would get the beeping sounds, and I could even press them, but I couldn't see anything but the cursor.

OK, so not only is the blur affect still happening intermittently, but even during the periods immediately after the fix, I'm getting the color distortions, and even when those aren't happening, my ship is going invisible at times except for it's engine trails, windows, and ship name and registry marks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-14-2011, 01:39 AM
sounds like a directx(if the game uses that), or video card problem. basically your computer is taking a crap trying to render the game. check directx, and video drivers. if that doesnt work, i would worry about your video card's time being soon up
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-14-2011, 04:21 AM
not sure if it will help but try going into advanced video options and turning post-processing off.

i have a similar problem with it on tho not quite as bad
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-14-2011, 06:44 AM
System specs and your video card driver version might be a big help. Although the Force Verify command can help sometimes, maybe try completely reinstalling the game if it turns out it's not hardware related.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-14-2011, 07:11 AM
I have a Nvidia Geforce 6150SE nForce 430, my driver is the latest update (as decided by both the Windows Driver update tool and Nvidias own scan), and I'm not having any problems with any other games I play (Red Alert 3, Civilization 4, Minecraft)
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I have a Nvidia Geforce 6150SE nForce 430, my driver is the latest update (as decided by both the Windows Driver update tool and Nvidias own scan), and I'm not having any problems with any other games I play (Red Alert 3, Civilization 4, Minecraft)
I'll check with my buddy who runs something similar to that. She had to reinstall though but wasn't entirely sure what had caused her similar issue. That card meets the very low end of the requirements for this game. It's Friday though so I more than likely won't be able to catch her until late tonight. Until then, you might want to try putting everyone on its absolutely lowest setting, restarting the game, and seeing if the issue continues. If it does, thent eh reinstall might be something to look at. If the issue goes away, then try uping the odd setting, applying it, and restarting the game if necessary for it to take in order to figure out what your GPU can handle.