Lt. Commander
So I noticed in the C-Store that there was a fighter listed! I've often wondered since I started what role playable shuttles had in this game, and it seems that among all of the shuttles listed, that one seemed more useful than some others.

So, how viable is it to fly the Peregrine? I do enjoy a challenge when I play, but if I was to fly that would I just be nuts?

Let me know
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzio View Post
So I noticed in the C-Store that there was a fighter listed! I've often wondered since I started what role playable shuttles had in this game, and it seems that among all of the shuttles listed, that one seemed more useful than some others.

So, how viable is it to fly the Peregrine? I do enjoy a challenge when I play, but if I was to fly that would I just be nuts?

Let me know
You can get through the LT rank with one without too much trouble but as soon as you hit LTC you'll start to struggle as you'll be lacking damage and heals. Other than that outside of The Vault and the Delta Flyer daily they aren't much practical use.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-14-2011, 02:26 AM
I took my tactical VA from Lieutenant to Captain 4 in a Peregrine. Yes, it gets a bit tougher later on, but it doesn't get troublesome into halfway through Commander. The only reason I switched out at Captain 4 was because I wanted to fly a Defiant before jumping into an assault cruiser at RA. I could have continued playing in the Peregrine up to VA if I wanted to. Fighting Borg in it is kinda tricky, but if you set it up right the Peregrine can take a beating.

I set mine up for speed. I used regenerative shields and put all my power into engines and weapons. With the bonus power you get from the engineer efficiency skills, your shields will regenerate fast enough when you're not getting shot at. Yes, this means that sometimes you have to disengage a target and get out of weapons range to allow your shields to regenerate, but you can divert power to shields and regen shields will regen really really fast. Then drop it back to engines and get back into the fight.

The Peregrine with a Harg`peng is pretty much unstoppable. You can load up two of them and then sit outside weapons range while your target sits there melting and exploding.