Lt. Commander
I've been flying around for the last 2 hours trying to get my "The Needs of the Many - Deliver aid to a needy system" mission, and all I keep getting are Confrontation missions and Fly around scanning things.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Aid The Planet is similar to the Rare Anomaly Chance. They Come at times, By Chance when Mission is Gotten from scan. I did several in DV over this Last Week, so they are there. (I have moved to another area, so some will be left for others to do)
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Well, I sometimes got the needed mission on the first scan. At other times it took like twenty scans, itīs pretty random. I think Needs Of The Many should work like a diplomatic investigation.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-16-2011, 08:20 PM
I've got Aid the planet like 9 times before the lastest patch came out. Since then you can forget it. Try Azena sector. I move up to Ambassador quicker in that sector space.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Quest Broken?
12-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Been flying around the Delta Volcanis sector for hours and have found about a half dozen unknown systems and completed quests them but nothing shows up as a needy planet...help!!!
Career Officer
# 6
12-13-2012, 12:37 PM
If you want a 100% guaranteed 'Aid the Planet' mission; take the "Diplomatic Investigation' missions offered by Fed Ambassador NPC Jiro Sugihara as they pop up randomly for each exploration nebula. Then, after accepting such a mission, when you zone in, you'll see a small mouse clicable interact button that says "Begin diplomatic investigation".

Click it, and you'll zone again 100% into a 'Aid the Planet' mission. It's how I complete the various commodity starter missions on alts. You can also communicate with the Fed Ambassador Jiro Sugihara NPC via the mission journal. You don't need run your character back to ESD at all.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."