Lt. Commander
When the players were worried about F2P Hurting Star Trek Online we were told that nothing would change for subscribers so please don't spread "Doom & Gloom"

When we were worried about Dan Stahl leaving we were told that there will be no change in the way Star Trek Online will be operated so please don't spread "Doom & Gloom"

Since both of the above statement are false can we spread "Doom & Gloom" now?
Since what you have done in the last few weeks means that you were lying to us when the fist rumors of STO going F2P and you told us nothing will change.

I would like to believe you when you post answers to hard questions or questions about the changes or non-changes to STO, but by recent history I can't do that anymore.

Almost everyone is against any changes to STO for all subscribers, yet each build you surprise us with another change. Then you say you are "Just seeing how it is received, remember it is a test area" but the changes are not totally revoked.
This is what I think you guys are doing: You are putting these wholesale changes on to Tribble so when you give that tiny little piece back to the game you can try and sneak some other things in. You are taking a great risk with this game and you are treating the players that have stuck behind you for the last year & 9 months very very badly... and the worst part is that you don't see this as a problem.

You are killing this game......

and you wonder why it is all Doom & Gloom, because you have a forum that is saying that if things stay the same they are quitting and you say nothing. This will not go away ...

I'm begging you to put STO back the way is was for the subscribers that have stood by you. If you want to charge for those things, charge the Silver Players, not the Gold!
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
When the players were worried about F2P Hurting Star Trek Online we were told that nothing would change for subscribers so please don't spread "Doom & Gloom"

When we were worried about Dan Stahl leaving we were told that there will be no change in the way Star Trek Online will be operated so please don't spread "Doom & Gloom"

Since both of the above statement are false can we spread "Doom & Gloom" now?
Since what you have done in the last few weeks means that you were lying to us when the fist rumors of STO going F2P and you told us nothing will change.

I would like to believe you when you post answers to hard questions or questions about the changes or non-changes to STO, but by recent history I can't do that anymore.

Almost everyone is against any changes to STO for all subscribers, yet each build you surprise us with another change. Then you say you are "Just seeing how it is received, remember it is a test area" but the changes are not totally revoked.
This is what I think you guys are doing: You are putting these wholesale changes on to Tribble so when you give that tiny little piece back to the game you can try and sneak some other things in. You are taking a great risk with this game and you are treating the players that have stuck behind you for the last year & 9 months very very badly... and the worst part is that you don't see this as a problem.

You are killing this game......

and you wonder why it is all Doom & Gloom, because you have a forum that is saying that if things stay the same they are quitting and you say nothing. This will not go away ...

I'm begging you to put STO back the way is was for the subscribers that have stood by you. If you want to charge for those things, charge the Silver Players, not the Gold!
None of this should come as a surprise. Cryptic has time and again told the player base one thing, and done another. Now i know i am gonna be told its not true, or its not fair, but it is. All anyone has to do, even the Cryptic diehard fans,is take a objective look at just about everything Cryptic has told the player base since Beta, and compare it to what actually has happened.

Examples would be"KDF" update with first 90 day patch, was suppose to finish out the story for Klingons. How about"Romulans" are on the way as a playable faction. My favorite is the many "PVP will be fixed in X patch". Anyone see a trend?

I have been hoping that Cryptic would finally give STO the just treatment it deserves with F2P release. If Tribble is any indication, they are on a Multi Year journey to get there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-23-2011, 08:41 PM
5 year mission lol.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-23-2011, 09:37 PM
as much as i hate to admit it, yeah. They tend to lie a lot about things. Then when called on it they just say "oh well, just deal with it" Even stormshade pulled that card when the Whole LTS debacle started. After every thing they promised to lifers and either didnt accomplish or turned into a vet reward people felt lied to and like they deserved more to which Stormy said "you don't have to pay anymore and you should just be glad for even that" When as he complained about the lifers wanting more the Page about it STILL said More on the way.

Or the Whole no content Droughtonly to stop any and all content until AFTER F2P launches.... or for that matter that the game was even going to F2P, even after the leak.... Or how they weren't going to make it pay to win but now they're taking away the ability to earn ships in game, ships you used to get free for hitting a certain rank, and making them C-store purchses?

Its frustrating, to be a fan of something only to have the people who made it constantly lie to the fans as well as change it in ways that show it's just about the money.

And here i thought George Lucas made the Star wars franchise, not Star Trek Online.....
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Oh, and i forgot that when they said they were going to stream line and simplify the Economy and instead made it much worse. Or how they were redoing the entire tutorial and all they did was add a new starting room based on class, or how they were... you know what, this list just keeps going and going so i'll just stop here....

No wonder Stahl Jumped ship, i'd leave too if all my hard work for the Fans of the game was being spit on.

Just stop the lies Cryptic..... just stop the lies....
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Thank god they are finally changing things. Things they wanted to do from the start. I can't see what you are complaining about.

I don't see anything that has been changed exclusively for subscribers in a game-breaking way. All changes are changes of the game mechanics themselves, which do and should happen in any MMO. Read your terms of use.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-26-2011, 05:24 AM
I would just like to say that Dan Stahl leaving was probably the best thing that happened to the game. In celebration of his departure I bought C-Store points.